Some OpenGL driver/benchmark questions
why do you want a gallium driver ? (well could be nice to compare the intel vs gallium overhead). But I'm afraid that a dead port. The MT branch was done on Intel driver first so it is likely working as expected.

I gave a try on the MT branch (gallium/nouveau). Perf is awful and unexpected. I need to ask Marek what trigger thread synchronization.

Sponsored links

I talked a bit with Marek. The implementation is far from optimal. There is potential but it isn't for today.

thread off => 67 fps
thead on => 51 fps
thread on + hack to remove a bad sync => 86 fps

Edit: someone said that he got better patches (unfortunately he need to find back his work). If we are lucky, maybe MT gl will be integrated for the next release.
I wonder how fast and reliable would be to hack the d3d9 backend for linux, to make use of the gallium nine state tracker.
Possibly a dead end, but it could help some people stuck with older mesa version or low end hardware.

I'm not even sure if you guys are still packing the d3d9 plugin for windows, lol
[Image: newreal.png]
DX9 isn't worked on anymore. We might be dropping it after the next stable release anyway
It is a complete non-sense. OpenGL is a faster/more power API than DX9. I don't understand why you want to bother with DX9 API.

We just need to push a bit the Mesa dev to integrate gl multi-threading. As a bonus, once it is integrated, it will help multiple games. Newer mesa is often provided on distribution backport (and it can still be compiled locally).

TL;DR look forward not backward Wink
Maybe if mesa ever adds dx12...

(Yes, I know that is so unlikely it's not worth thinking about)
Oh, I don't really want D3D9. Smile
I thought windows users were still relying on it for better performance \ less accuracy, which in case would be worth taking a look at the gallium nine. Will D3D11 be deprecated as well?

pixelherodev Wrote:Maybe if mesa ever adds dx12...

I rather see people working on top of Vulkan and OpenGL, even a D3D11 state tracker would be more useful IMO.
[Image: newreal.png]
IMHO, it would be better to optimize the read back of the frame buffer. And then add an option to disable accurate texturing. They will get glitches but it will be faster. Otherwise people need to either buy a real GPU or stop to crank all options to the max.
breaking news on ilo driver

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-ILO-Gallium3D-Sunset
It would be nice if nine was adapted for Vulkan - or better yet, a d3d11 vulkan state tracker