Some OpenGL driver/benchmark questions
My locally built PCSX2 works fine (if slow, though I still say 30-50 in-game FPS is good for a $140 laptop).

I have WINE-staging, and decided to compare PCSX2 through WINE with native - while DirectX was way too annoying to use, OpenGL failed - the PCSX2 log said that 3.0 was the highest GL and 3.3 is needed. Is there a reason for this disparity?

Sponsored links

What do you mean by disparity?
Why does Windows require a higher OpenGL version?
Both OS requires 3.3. However the profile isn't the same due to wine limitation. (Osx)
Is that why it crashed when I set "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.5"?
3.5 doesn't exist. However geometry shader is enabled at 3.2. Forcing Mesa version can generate various bad stuffs
Tried again with 3.2, 3.3, and others. Same result.
Curious. I installed 1.4.0 through the NSIS installer and it worked - thought the log mentioned buggy graphics drivers. The bootup screen stayed at a steady 200% speed. I think the problem with WINE is with GSdx, not with PCSX2. I would try to fix it but I readily admit I'd have no clue what I was doing even if I knew where to start.

I'm mostly annoyed because in-game stays ~22 FPS for the games I tried, both HW and SW (w/ OpenGL. D3D is still unusable - only dx9 is available, and a message about "failed to compile HLSL shader" appears. Not exact, I don't quite remember). IIRC, the current GSdx is much faster.

I'll try the dev version again, maybe the installer is better at installing DX than me.
I tried the dev version: the bad news is, it did not work. The good news: I think I found the cause.

1.4.0 log:

"Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
3.x GL context successfully created
OpenGL information. GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 400 (Braswell) x86/MMX/SSE2. Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center. Driver: (Core Profile) Mesa 12.0.6
Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled
OpenGL renderer isn't compatible with SandyBridge/IvyBridge GPU due to issues. Sorry.
Tip:Try it on Linux"

I have Braswell, which IIRC is equivalent to IvyBridge.

dev log:

"Failed to init the freetype face
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
Failed to create a 3.x context
OpenGL information. GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 400 (Braswell) x86/MMX/SSE2. Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center. Driver: Mesa 12.0.6OpenGL 3.3 is not supported. Only OpenGL 3.0
was found"

The only difference is PCSX2 version - I removed all other variables. All other settings are exactly the same. The commandline is exactly the same.

"Failed to init the freetype face" - I think this is the problem. I'll take a look at the git history later, see if I can find what changed and maybe create a workaround.
Issue isn't the version but the gl context options. Mesa doesn't support the same as Windows drivers