Some games run fast, others don't
Hi everyone, first post so sorry if this is a common thing. I play Final Fantasy X all the time on PCSX2 and it runs fine, with a little lag here and there. Recently I got Ratchet and Clank for it, and as soon as the game starts, it lags. Not so much lag, as just in slow motion. The cutscenes play perfectly, but once gameplay starts I move in slow motion and the voices sound like they are just really slowed down. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored links

your pc is to weak, play on the ps2 or get a better pc, sound harsh but is the truth
That can't be it, I have a good laptop that runs other games fine, there's no way it can't handle ps2 graphics.
the first stage of ignorance

denial.

emulation doesn't compare to pc game engines.
Ok well why does FFX run so smooth then? And Kingdom hearts ran fine too...
(08-19-2012, 11:41 PM)ados Wrote: Ok well why does FFX run so smooth then? And Kingdom hearts ran fine too...

FFX is a fairly light game. i can even run it at near full speed on my laptop that's only clocked at 1.5~ GHz.
Well damn, alright thanks for the help guys.
you could always try speed hacks and see if they help, as well as keeping the resolution at native. Overclocking would help alleviate the problem a bit but you would need sufficient cooling for it, especially considering how much PCSX2 will heat your laptop up even at the normal speeds.

anyways, if you can't get it to a playable speed you should probably just keep playing it on your PS2 until you can get a better computer.
(08-19-2012, 11:41 PM)ados Wrote: Ok well why does FFX run so smooth then? And Kingdom hearts ran fine too...

because those 2 are the most easiest games to emulate, try running shadow of the collosus or dragonquest 8 on that ''good'' laptop of yours and you will see that emulation is on a totaly different level then pc gaming computer specs wise.

but i guess you already got the point i think? ratched and clank is more demanding then the other 2 games you mentioned and thus is runing slower on a low spec laptop/pc. its unavoidable.