Some help if possible
Hey, first time poster here and sadly it has to be a help thread.
So i bought this new comp due to WoW suddenly starting to hate my old and giving me 2 fps in raids for no reason(comp broke me thinks).

Specs are:

Amd Athlon II x 250 3.1ghz now
4gb DDR3
Ati 4670

I can oc everything if need be but i suppose it should be enough to run PCSX2, i have also read ALOT before making this thread. I understand that PCSX2 doesnt like Ati ? I had Nvidia rig before and it worked "fine" considering that PCSX2 is still WIP. I also know C2D is slightly better but i prefeer AMD simply because i used AMD since they made the first Athlon thunderbird, beuty still have a thunderbird rig ^^ will never get rid of it.

Ok enough wall of text now to my problem, i collect RPGs, and i collect them all. Normally i play on the PS2 or PS3, PS1 i prefeer on the comp for some reason(doesnt look to good on 42" 1080p screen). And i decided to try to play Ps2 on comp so i could save the discs some atleast.

I made some isos of my games, and thats how im trying to play them.
However for example, Xenosaga 1 (havent tried rest yet) Has massive slowdowns, for example in the beggining, first thing to slowdown is when Shion talks to her inside the "smiulator" when she walks up behind her and starts saying "Good morning Kos-mos" first it was at 6 fps :< but now i got it to around 35. However the speech and text seems to get out of sync and will dissapear, and the first encounter where you get to fight that awg is the same, it slows down like mad. However aside from those parts and the awg part its all perfect FPS 60 all the time even without any speedhacks and such. Like 60 fps with 6% cpu usage. But those other parts its 70%(at best) Cpu usage and 35 fps with speedhacks.

Using Gsdx 1873
SPU2-x1.2.0
Lillypad
Linuz iso CDVD 0.9.0

I have tried every single setting there is in every combination i can i think, some settings make it get a "slowmotion effect", im not posting any screens atm sry dont have the time but maybe will get the time when i get back home. I used the official 0.9.6 first but that barely worked with anything for me, it was tearing it was slow it didnt load it was just problems. so i got this one http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html and works so much better, however the massive slowdowns are still there on a rig that should play this. I was hoping someone had encountered this with a similliar rig and maybe could help out or has seen this problem before.

Thank you for your awesome work and dedication to this project, it is appreciated alot by collectors like me who rather make an iso and save the disc.

Sponsored links

You've hit a very slow spot in an already not so fast game.
I'm getting 55fps there, with a 4.1Ghz Intel cpu.
(02-02-2010, 11:09 AM)rama Wrote: You've hit a very slow spot in an already not so fast game.
I'm getting 55fps there, with a 4.1Ghz Intel cpu.

I see, but the sound and text going alot out of sync and then the sound dissapears completely can i do anything about it ?

I can bear the 35 fps and OC the procc to 3.4 or more to get bit more FPS thats no biggie, but if the text and sound still are bugged out i reckon the FPS gain is not worth the OC since it sooner or later will get fixed.
If you're still using those plugins, and didn't disable timestretching in SPU2-X, then your sound should not go out of sync.
Disable speedhacks if you have them on, and see if that fixes it.
(02-02-2010, 06:10 PM)rama Wrote: If you're still using those plugins, and didn't disable timestretching in SPU2-X, then your sound should not go out of sync.
Disable speedhacks if you have them on, and see if that fixes it.

That seemed to do the trick text and audio in sync doesnt dissapear, however down to 35 fps and only 60% CPu usage at most ?
Audio skips though but its there.
or well 35 to 60 depending on angle for some reason. well i reckon i have time to wait for new release. Thanks for the help though.