Some help please :)
OK, i'm gonna cut it short. Really short.

I'm trying to maximize my sound output quality/speed at the sake of everything else (graphics included). What would be the best way to achieve this?

The reason i'm doing this is because both my GPU and CPU are somewhat lame (AMD 64bit 2k+ and nVidia 6600) and i need the sound to be at its best.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

Usually it's the other way around, sacrificing sound for graphics... Smile ... What are you trying to play? Guitar Hero?
Currently Working On:
[Image: 20accwz.png]
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Uhm....

Well, I'll just tell you and if you think it's inappropriate - delete it.

I'm trying to rip some music from some really old games. Since I can't do it from the CD, that means that they're in the files somewhere. My first idea was running them through sound capturing software.

My second try will be crack-opening the files and trying to make out heads and tails of the files on the CD if the first method fails, of course. Altho this one might be somewhat closer to my "area of expertise" I really do not want to have to figure out a bunch of new file types / archives / encryptions Laugh

So, I'm gonna give the #1 idea a really good shot. And try to come up with something better than #2 if it fails...

#1 works pretty good, it's just that the sound is somewhat choppy/extended/etc. So that's why I'm trying to get the best sound i can get - and work on the editing of the result from there.

EDIT: Also, the copyright laws aren't really strict in Serbia so what I'm trying to do might not break any. I just wanted to throw it out there, for "just in case" Smile
Well, in case you only need audio, you could use the Null graphics plugin (that way the cpu won't be used for the graphics), BUT, you also won't see what you want to see... Unless the music starts straight from the start of the game, then this could work... Apart from that, you could maybe use speedhacks to try and help the CPU run the emulating faster, but it could affect the sound... Maybe if you try with other sound plugin options? Or another plugin?
Currently Working On:
[Image: 20accwz.png]
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
And that's why i'm here - to hear out my options.

I'm already using NULL as my renderer but the FPS doesn't seem to be improved much... The sound is still somewhat choppy.

I've tried using SPU2-X v1.1.0 and ZeroSPU2 dev 0.4.6 and they're both somewhat ... not good. I just got this emulator today so I don't even know my options. But the ones i have tried out aren't really satisfactory Smile

Maybe if i tried it on a different rig... Something with a quadcore cpu or such.
Try PEOPS spu2, it's perfect for your task Wink
the recording (and debugging) feature of peops doesn't work with the latest pcsx2 Sad (i had tried it, so i know what i'm talking about).
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Could i somehow get the old pcsx2? It doesn't really matter if the sound plugin itself has recording options or not, because i was planning to use Dexster to tune in to the sound card and capture it raw.

If the plugin has recording capabilities - it works fine with me Smile I just need a way to maximize the sound quality somehow... in other words - make the game work faster, since that's what helps it the most. So far the null renderers haven't helped much.

Thanks for the suggestions but keep them coming Laugh

EDIT: also, PEOPS doesn't work for me either.
what's the speed of your cpu? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Like i stated in the first post, my CPU is an AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+ processor, working on 1.81GHz with 1GB of RAM.

P.S. cool avatar.