Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some help tqtqtq
Why when i run a game from the dvd drive always hang? And why cant my dvd drive convert ps2 discs into iso format?

Sponsored links

Quote:Why when i run a game from the dvd drive always hang
Maybe because you have scratches on your DVD, or your reader is kinda broken.

Quote:And why cant my dvd drive convert ps2 discs into iso format?:

same answer as for your DVD hanging issue.
What error do you get when creating an ISO ? Which iso creator do you use ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
but my reader's quite new ....

well its not error. it's my reader's just can't read it. when i open the rom it will show the files but when i use the converter it just cant convert it. but the converter will convert new discs

i have used the following converter : LCISO creator, free iso converter, blind write and magic iso
(10-19-2009, 03:55 PM)exiliados Wrote: but my reader's quite new ....

This doesnt really matter some drives simply arent good for reading PS2 games, I'd try reading the games in other computer/drive and see if it's readable there if not it's possible the PS2 disc is damaged enough to not be readable in a PC drive.

That said I suggest you use the ImgBurn application to make a image of your game, what do you mean by convert? if you mean you're trying the .img file in the disc that's not the correct way as you need to read the full disc and again I recommend you use ImgBurn for this (Create image file form disc).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Use either ImgBurn or DVD Decryptor (both freeware) to create the .iso file.

Also, if your disc itself is scratched or corrupted, not even the best DVD drive in the world can create an uncorrupted image.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
well the discs aren't scratched... just that they're used by the ps2 console before

strangely my rom can read new ps2 discs
(10-20-2009, 03:57 AM)exiliados Wrote: well the discs aren't scratched... just that they're used by the ps2 console before

strangely my rom can read new ps2 discs

are you using google translator??,anyway you should be able to do an iso img of your games if you put it on the "dvd drive" this is specially important do you have a dvd drive or a cd drive ?,maybe this is your problem Happy
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]