Some help with performance issues? (Already tried config guide)
Hello everyone,

Ever since I bought my new pc I have been messing around with PCSX2. Mostly because my sister took our PS2 with her when she moved out (I was still able to make LEGAL copies of my own games though).

The problem is that I can't seem to run any of my games at a decent speed (except FFX). Most of them run at 30-40 fps, some even less.

My specs are:
Phenom II X4 B55 @ 3.9 GHz
4 GB DDR3-1333
Sapphire Radeon HD6850 (Core clock 750 MHz, Shader clock 1000 mhz)

I have tried to follow several tips that are posted here in the forums, I've tried the configuration guide but none of the above seem to help.

Anyone who wants to help me out?

Sponsored links

(07-16-2012, 05:38 PM)Lionheart94 Wrote: my sister took our PS2 with her when she moved out

If you are not in possession of a PS2 then you are not in legal possession of the BIOS, therefore you aren't allowed to use the emulator.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(07-16-2012, 07:36 PM)BigLoz Wrote: If you are not in possession of a PS2 then you are not in legal possession of the BIOS, therefore you aren't allowed to use the emulator.

He is technically right, though I'm not sure how the licensing works (ie if you own the console and did a dump you own that dump even if you sell the console). Even though you will likely never face any trouble, this forum is beyond strict with stuff like this. It borders on paranoia which may be justified.
(07-16-2012, 05:38 PM)Lionheart94 Wrote: Hello everyone,

Ever since I bought my new pc I have been messing around with PCSX2. Mostly because my sister took our PS2 with her when she moved out (I was still able to make LEGAL copies of my own games though).

The problem is that I can't seem to run any of my games at a decent speed (except FFX). Most of them run at 30-40 fps, some even less.

My specs are:
Phenom II X4 B55 @ 3.9 GHz
4 GB DDR3-1333
Sapphire Radeon HD6850 (Core clock 750 MHz, Shader clock 1000 mhz)

I have tried to follow several tips that are posted here in the forums, I've tried the configuration guide but none of the above seem to help.

Anyone who wants to help me out?

(07-16-2012, 07:36 PM)BigLoz Wrote: If you are not in possession of a PS2 then you are not in legal possession of the BIOS, therefore you aren't allowed to use the emulator.

it's in the blood please stop trolling it's 100% legal

if my dad bought me a PS2 does that mean that i can't use the BIOS because the PS2 belongs to my DAD !!!!!

and what games are you trying to play and what's your config that you 're currently using Smile
(07-16-2012, 07:41 PM)Amak Wrote: He is technically right, though I'm not sure how the licensing works (ie if you own the console and did a dump you own that dump even if you sell the console). Even though you will likely never face any trouble, this forum is beyond strict with stuff like this. It borders on paranoia which may be justified.

I think you have to own the PS2 at all times for as long you are using the BIOS. If you are no longer in possession of the PS2, the rights you own to the BIOS have gone as well. He may not personally be get into trouble, but the PCSX2 team could I think if they were seen helping out.

Edit:

(07-16-2012, 07:53 PM)abdo123 Wrote: it's in the blood please stop trolling it's 100% legal

if my dad bought me a PS2 does that mean that i can't use the BIOS because the PS2 belongs to my DAD !!!!!

I'm not trolling, well certainly not trying to anyway. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I thought you had to have possession of the PS2 to use the BIOS, and he said his sister took the PS2 with her when she moved.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
Technically, if my sister gives me permission to use the BIOS files i dumped from here console, then there is not a problem for me, my sister OR the PCSX2 Team (Because I definitely wouldn't want to get them into trouble :s. I love their work!)

The games i want to play are:
FFX
GT3
GT4
GT Concept 2002
Burnout 3
POP: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones
R&C 3
Ratchet Gladiator
KH 1 & 2

I own ALL of these games so there is no word of piracy here. (They are PAL versions, I don't know whether this is useful for you?)

Thanks for helping me!
(07-16-2012, 08:23 PM)Lionheart94 Wrote: Technically, if my sister gives me permission to use the BIOS files i dumped from here console, then there is not a problem for me, my sister OR the PCSX2 Team (Because I definitely wouldn't want to get them into trouble :s. I love their work!)

If that is true then I admit I'm wrong and I apologize for wrongly accusing you. Sorry.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
Don't worry about it, I think i wasn't really clear in my first post :s. Sorry about that, English isn't my native language, but I'm doing my best so that I'm as understandable as possible Smile
POP TT is ingame forget about it ...
POP SOT and WT are not that demanding on a 4GHz they should be quite easy
KH 1 + 2 are like FFX and even easier to emulate Smile

all of the rest are pretty demanding ....

now lets get to work activate all recommended speedhacks and experiment VU cycling and EE cycle rate with every game ...

and activate MTVU in the latest SVN from homepage Smile ( SVN = new builds )

MTVU allows PCSX2 to utilize a 3rd core Smile

and please change your ***** thread subject i cant post !!! ( too long )
(07-16-2012, 08:28 PM)Lionheart94 Wrote: Don't worry about it, I think i wasn't really clear in my first post :s. Sorry about that, English isn't my native language, but I'm doing my best so that I'm as understandable as possible Smile

I should do some more research into legality of use as I wasn't very clear of it Tongue and I don't want to falsely accuse others again! Anyway, do what abdo suggested and see if there is an improvement Smile
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments