Some question about GSdx and some games
Does really Xenosaga 3 requires really powerful pc to be played or there's something wrong with the emu or the video plugins or DX9HW.The last time I've tested this game(I think t was on 0.9.4)was running extremely slow in game(not in menus...now in menus I get 60-90+)and now with even the latest beta with all hack enabled the game is running extremely slow(0,5-2fps).

And about GSdx...what's the differences between 0.1.7 and anything new than 0.1.7 because on any Tri-Ace games(the fix is enabled)the speed difference between 0.1.7 and anything new is huge(5-10 to 20-45 and in menus 90+)

Sorry if the thread is not for here but I'm not asking only about plugins

Sponsored links

with my specs works at full speed with cycle default and int res 1280x1080; under 3,2 ghz works at 83% speed. i use latest beta or 0.96. and nothing change, probably works better with SSE41
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
(05-03-2009, 11:55 AM)vsub Wrote: Does really Xenosaga 3 requires really powerful pc to be played or there's something wrong with the emu or the video plugins or DX9HW.
There's nothing wrong and it doesn't require a "really powerful pc". It's just that P4 2,8GHz is an antique. It's just not worth anything, compared to C2D (with MTGS/DC taken into account) I'd say it's equivalent to about 0,8-1,0GHz C2D at best. They don't even make ones that slow.

e7400 is worth about $100 right now and e5200 is $70. Both will give you decent speeds in pcsx2 (you may have to overclock them a bit over 3GHz for Xenosaga, though it's not a problem. e7400 is easily oc'd to ~4GHz). They're not "really powerful", this is now the cheap mainstream.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder when you see the white whale.
Also the game requires dx10 mode if you want to enjoy it using hardware rendering. It just crawls in dx9 mode.
You'll get 100fps instead of 20 just by going from dx9 to dx10 mode.

Tri-Ace games make GSdx use some very slow routine. Versions 0.1.7 and below had a hack for this.
That's why they're faster, they skip that effect.
My P4 is not that bad,I can play KH1,2,Ar Tonelico,Atelier Iris 1,2,3,Tales of the Abyss and more and the speed is not bad at all.

I was asking about Xenosaga 3 not because I want to play it(I actually didn't really liked that game when I played it on my PS2)but because from 0.9.4 till the latest beta + all speed hacks,the speed is 100% the same.

Edit:Thanks for the answer rama Smile
(05-03-2009, 06:02 PM)vsub Wrote: My P4 is not that bad,I can play KH1,2,Ar Tonelico,Atelier Iris 1,2,3,Tales of the Abyss and more and the speed is not bad at all.
Yeah, I know. I have a P4 2,4GHz in one of my rigs and played a bunch of Nippon Ichi games on it. I even finished Crysis (7600 GT) :D. The point still stands though, it IS ancient and 90% of pcsx2 stuff will be sluggish. Xenosaga is one of the more demanding games, but not that demanding, considering what is considered mainstream nowadays (and cheap too).
I have a problems getting Xenosaga - Episode I - Der Wille zur Macht work fast enough. My hardware are C2D E4300 OC to 2.88Ghz / GF8600GT / 2Gb / WXP (DX9). I know such hardware are sorta outdated, but most likely it should be enough for xenosaga to play at least at 80%+ speed, but I'm getting 15-30% (~10-15 fps) sometimes (usually in combats). Even the first intro, after movies sequence are replaced by rendered appereance of KOS-MOS speed drops down to around 1-2 FPS.

I've tryed playing with various versions (including latest svn revisions) and speedhacks, but still didn't made it fast enough. Besides I've found out that old GSDx 0.1.7 works slightly better than latests versions (I've read here there was a hack). But best performance I've been able to get was with the software mode of GSDx, it is nearly playable. I know my videocard is kinda crappy now, but afaik even in hardware mode GSDx doesn't really depends on videocard much.

A lot of other games works well, at 100% speed for me, but I know it isn't right to compare. I just want to play Xenosaga 1 on PCSX2 using hardwave 3d-render at good resolution with texture filtering. Is there are something I can do besides upgrading hardware? Shall I try vista for DX10?
Yeah your FPS will probably double/triple using DX10 with Xenosaga I.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Not to slam your hardware, as I own a P4 2.8GHZ.
The P4's in general were a bad series for Intel and AMD completely dominated them.

A 2.2GHZ AMD is a hell of alot better than a 3GHZ Intel..

Only CPU's I'd look into on Intel is the Core 2's.

So, for emulation, in general anything that isn't perfectly coded, will require more raw power than the P4 can give.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(05-04-2009, 05:03 PM)NStorm Wrote: Shall I try vista for DX10?
Yes, if you've actually read this thread you'd know that this is the case here.