Some questions
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all.

I hope to get some  information about how to improve image's quality, since I'm kind of new using this emulator.
I'm not having much problems about configuring the emulator to balance quality and game speed but still there're some games I had found some difficulties.

my Pc:
-Intel® Core ™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70Ghz
-8GB Ram
-64 bits

NOTE: I don't like to play full screen or 9:6 resolution, I rather prefer 4:3
Pcx2 Video PlugIN:
[Image: video_configuration_by_kaitlinexe-db8y3t3.png]

Games I'm having problems with:

+Rockman Command Mission:
Not a big deal but:
[Image: command_mission_bug_by_kaitlinexe-db8y3i8.png]

Also those black models appear in the password figures gashapon.

+Demento:
[Image: demento_bugs_by_kaitlinexe-db8y3md.png]
As you may noticed, there are some black and red shares at the right of Fiona and also the fully black shadow at the doors...

-Rockman X8
This one is the most problematic, since I have to dissable HW Hacks to play it.
[Image: x8_bugs_by_kaitlinexe-db8y3ru.png]
I really can't tell which configuration is the best to avoid those lined ligths and depths...

Thank you very much

Sponsored links

Have you tried with Hardware Hacks off as well? You have a lot of them turned on, which can easily cause graphical issues rather than fix them. Not every game is the same, and some games don't even need them enabled at all.

[Edit] Nevermind, just noticed you played Rockman without.

Try using the OpenGL (Hardware) renderer instead. It's a lot more accurate than the Direct3D11 renderer.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-12-2017, 02:48 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Try using the OpenGL (Hardware) renderer instead. It's a lot more accurate than the Direct3D11 renderer.

Thank you but it seems there was no luck ówò :

[Image: open_gl_by_kaitlinexe-db8yg86.png]

If I change the internal resolution it goes VERY Slow...
(05-12-2017, 04:47 PM)Kaitlin.EXE Wrote: If I change the internal resolution it goes VERY Slow...

Your CPU is "okay" for PCSX2 (your single threaded is 1800, we recommend 1600 as a minimum, 2000+ is ideal). However what is your GPU? If you are using the integrated Intel HD 530 then that would explain this. You should probably use the D3D11 backend if this is the case as it's faster(but somewhat less accurate as mentioned.) Then you might be able to do 2x and 3x on some games.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It is a GeForce GTX 750Ti in all the images.
that gtx is up to it in most cases.. I'd be surprised if ogl at 2x or 3x was too much for the card itself.. My system (bit faster on the stp, but running a 750 ti oc) can do SoC at 3x native..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(05-13-2017, 09:48 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Your CPU is "okay" for PCSX2 (your single threaded is 1800, we recommend 1600 as a minimum, 2000+ is ideal). However what is your GPU? If you are using the integrated Intel HD 530 then that would explain this. You should probably use the D3D11 backend if this is the case as it's faster(but somewhat less accurate as mentioned.) Then you might be able to do 2x and 3x on some games.

Umm owo all this sounds new to me... but I'll post my GPU info here so you can give me more recommendations:

I think this is the right window...

[Image: sin_ttulo_by_kaitlinexe-db95y7m.png]

I hope yo don't have any problem with Spanish...

+ EDIT: Yep it seems I will have to keep using D3d11... Any settings recommended in my case to improve X8 quality then?
Thanks.