Some sound not playing - then working sound degrades
Hai guiz, I've gotten PCSX2 working pretty smoothly on my machine except for the sound. The only game I've tried with it so far is Klonoa 2 (English language release), and I realise that might mean that it's a compatibility issue with that particular game, but nonetheless, I thought I could maybe describe my issue here, and if anybody could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

What's happening is that some of the audio isn't playing at all. The title screen music and sound effects are nonexistent. From that point on though, the music starts playing, but there are no sound effects, although the character dialogue works. Then, after a minute or so of playing, the music is increasingly drowned out by what can only be described as a mixture of high-pitched constant bleating sounds akin to the sound of a cat in a bagpipe factory.

I've tried different plugins and messing with plugin settings but nothing I have tried has made any difference. I've attached screenshots of my plugin settings and SPU2-X configuration. Again, if anybody can help, I would appreciate it. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Are you using any cheats or speedhacks? I recommend disabling them and see if that helps. Also have you tried redumping your game. Many times that can solve strange issues. Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
No speedhacks, and cheats are disabled. Do you mean ripping the disc again? I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Well I tried ripping the disc again and I'm still getting the same sound issue. I played the game a bit longer this time though and noticed that the graphics aren't working properly either; specifically, sometimes the ground textures aren't rendering properly.
Can you post a screenie of all your settings? Also the log in the main window may help as well.

Also if it is the US version (SLUS20151) then the compatibility page says it is in-game which means that it is expected not to fully work ( in theory anyway).
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
We know about this bug and it's high on the todo list. Nothing you can do about it for now, except use a different sound plugin.
(02-20-2013, 07:24 PM)rama Wrote: We know about this bug and it's high on the todo list. Nothing you can do about it for now, except use a different sound plugin.
Okay, thank you for the reply. I managed to get around the graphics issue I mentioned by disabling Automatic Gamefixes (I didn't notice that option before), but I'm assuming that option affected the game for a reason. Do you want me to post any more info?