Some things you guys need to change for this emulator to be successful
Oh man how did I miss this earlier?

(07-16-2009, 01:56 PM)thelasthallow Wrote: and this
which is basically you saying: move your lazy a**es and get the d**n thing completed.

Hahaha really? You're going to insult the developers for not rewriting major portions of PCSX2? Go get a friend with real coding experience (classes don't count) and ask him to explain why what you're suggesting can be classified as "You have no idea what you're asking for"

Quote:technically it will probably never be completed 100% but what i ment was that through the past 2 years it seems the emulator has not changed very much. the only real change i see is the patches. when i added the patches to get better compatibility (the latest patches) the games that didn't work so well worked better but still lagged due to the fact that my processor was being maxed out.

Then you obviously haven't been paying attention. I've been following PCSX2 diligently for less than a year and I've seen many games go from "well, it shows a few frames" to full-blown playable. Just because your (possibly *****) hardware can't run them doesn't mean other people can't.

The developers aren't magical code monkeys in someone's backyard cranking out updates, they are people with jobs and families. Asking them to work more on the emulator is asking them to take time away from their lives to help you play video games. Reflect upon that before suggesting the developers are somehow lazy.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi

Sponsored links

I just have to read the title:

"Some things you guys need to change for this emulator to be successful"

To think that OP is a troll. This emulator is succesful and made of win and awesome. So don't come here saying it isn't because it doesn't eat all your quad core cpu.

Devs aren't lazy, if you think they're lazy, then make your own emulator or help them to make the emulator better by actually doing something useful and stop whining.
okay thread has gone sour, long story short, we are unpaid developers doing this for FUN, we are trying to make it better as fast as we can, new things will be added when we get time and more important things have been sorted.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Where's your awesome sig, ref? You need to resurrect that one! Laugh