Someone's stealing my frames.
I used to play SSX Tricky a lot as a kid, until my older brother moved out and took his PS2 out with him, the bastard.

Anyhow, I thought since I now have a somewhat decent computer, that I could get an emulator so I could run the disk, as my PS2 Slim broke (No surprises)

My Specs
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • BioStar N68S3+ Motherboard
  • AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor (Quad [email protected])
  • 8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTS250 Graphics Card
  • All DirectX and Audio drivers up to date

So I read over the Forum Rules, and the board about recommended machines, and I'm eligible to post this. I have a clean 0.9.8 version of PCSX2, playing with a wired Xbox Controller, and I keep getting frame drop when certain things happen in game (Firework effects, character selection screen, mass rendering?)

When on idle screens, like loading and title screens, I get a perfectly solid 60 FPS. In game, it dips to around 30-40 regularly. I fiddled with a few of the speedhacks, and they ended up doing more harm than good, so I reinstalled the emulator and it's now clean. Has anyone got an idea of how I can stop it from having these aneurysms? Thanks for your time.

Sponsored links

Well so far so good BUT have you tried using the latest svn?...

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(07-23-2012, 04:00 PM)YumiLovesMe Wrote: Well so far so good BUT have you tried using the latest svn?...

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Indeed. Just downloaded that, configured my pad, ran SSX Tricky on it and still getting extreme lag on the character selection.

Gotta admit though, the opening movie didn't lag at all, which gave me a little hope.

Edit:That was a very speedy reply Ohmy Thank you, really.
^Ok... aside from custom controls have you configured PCSX2 at all (like speedhacks and stuff)?
Newps. That's why I'm here Tongue

Like I said, I tried doing that before and I ended up losing frames rather than gaining them. Which is why I now have a clean install.
ok activate all recommended Speed hack and MTVU experiment VU cycling and EE cycle rate ( latest SVN only )

Config < Emulation settings < Speed hacks

tick the box native in GSDX

Video < Plugin settings < tick it
(07-23-2012, 04:40 PM)abdo123 Wrote: ok activate all recommended Speed hack and MTVU experiment VU cycling and EE cycle rate ( latest SVN only )

Config < Emulation settings < Speed hacks

tick the box native in GSDX

Video < Plugin settings < tick it

Shows much improvement when I'd done everything apart from the EE Cycle Rate, as I couldn't find it. Still get semi-regular drops of 10 or so FPS, mainly on the character select screen.

Also, my character model kept becoming invisible for some reason. No idea why. Again, thanks for the help.
(07-23-2012, 05:02 PM)Nimble Wrote: Shows much improvement when I'd done everything apart from the EE Cycle Rate, as I couldn't find it. Still get semi-regular drops of 10 or so FPS, mainly on the character select screen.

Also, my character model kept becoming invisible for some reason. No idea why. Again, thanks for the help.

[Image: Untitled.png]
Mirror: http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y370...titled.png
Ooohkay. Done. Now the game runs flawlessly at 60 frames but with choppy audio and video where it would otherwise lag.

If there's no way around this, I'm content. I just wanted it to be bearable xD

Thanks for all your help.
that is all what we got i am sorry that your hardware stinks so you have to play it this way Tongue