Sonic Mega Collection
I'm having trouble getting the sound in this game collection to work correctly. The menu is fine, especially with Gigaherz's and Spu2-X sound plugins, but when I get into actually playing any of the games, it's very laggy. The speed of the game as a whole is fine on my system, its just the sound that is annoying.

I would greatly appreciate a sound configuration that worked well with this game for WinXP.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any replies would be greatly appreciated. As a sidenote, is there a shell program like ePSXecutor for PCSX2? For all my old PS1 games, that thing was invaluable.

BTW, my compy has a 2.80GHZ dual core. 4 gigs of ram, and an external sound card cuz my onboard is terribad. If you need to know anything else to help me fix my problem, just ask Smile

Sponsored links

If the game doesn't reach full speed (50FPS for PAL, 60FPS for NTSC), then the sound will slow down as well.
(It does that instead of just cutting off constantly, which is far worse Tongue2 )
Maybe you may try with peops spu plugin for sound, because can do asynchronous with frames.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
PEOPS works best for me in many games and also it cuts the lag in some(even at 20FPS sound isn't laggy)
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
That's nice. Keep in mind that this breaks emulation though.
Many games are fine with it, but it's seriously against the specs.
Ok, I'll try that. Again, the actual game itself runs fine. Only 30%-ish of my cpu for full speed. Its only the sound that's terrible. The only problem is that I'm a total audio nut, and can't really get into a game unless I can hear and enjoy the music >_<. The way it sounds, its like the sound is kind of stuttering, and then squished together. It's pretty awful, honestly.
Yeah I think U gotta learn to live with dat untill a better plugin arrives or try using SPU2-X with different settings (Like that's gonna work)But still give it a try Smile
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
I'm new to the forums, but I am assuming that it's better to add my issue to this thread than to start a new one... Forgive me if I'm mistaken Smile

I've got it running at acceptable FPS (about 45-50 and up) I'm using the PAL "Sonic Mega Collection Plus" which is "playable" in the compatibility listings. Sonic and several other sprites are vertically stripped with null data. Only strips of them are visible, with the background being visible between the "bars".

Intel 943 graphics
Intel T2080 1.73 Pentium
2GBs DDR2 dual channel RAM
all in an acer aspire 5570z

Ironically, the sound is pretty good <_<
AeSix: Try switching to software rendering (F9 while playing), and see if that works better.
(08-08-2010, 05:58 PM)rama Wrote: AeSix: Try switching to software rendering (F9 while playing), and see if that works better.

No Joy Sad
This only resulted in 1/4 the speed I was getting with hardware.

I'm thinking between my specs and the emulation, I'm just not going to be able to do it.

I do have another laptop that seems to have better (but older) specs...
Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.06 GHz
ATi Radeon 9000 Pro (Mobile)
1.5 GBs DDR1 RAM
Would this be a better laptop to try to use PCSX2 with? Yes, I do realize the specs are still way under what are suggested, but I'm not looking for perfection, just some play time. For reference on performance: FFX is OK enough for me at 25-35 FPS on the newer laptop (one with lesser specs).
specs are above for current laptop.