Sorry, I don't understand why a few games lagging for me
Hi, I'm new here...

I don't really understand why certain games result in lagging for me. I can play games like Crysis or whatever at almost maxed settings, but not if I'm using pcsx2. These examples are Dragon Quest VIII and Suikoden V. I already tried to change settings to lower graphics and more, but it really didn't help.

Please explain me about what's wrong...

My specs:
AMD FX-8120 3,1 ghz
4gb ram
HD 7850 2gb (overclocked)

Sponsored links

As everyone in this community says, PC games are nothing comparable with PCSX2. Some ps2 games even lag on high-end computers I have to say. But I don't know pretty much either, maybe those particular games are too demanding? and because AMD processors are not the best for gaming? these are some factors. Well.. hopefully someone who knows even better than me can help you further Unsure
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

(05-29-2012, 08:19 PM)giorgakis132 Wrote: As everyone in this community says, PC games are nothing comparable with PCSX2. Some ps2 games even lag on high-end computers I have to say. But I don't know pretty much either, maybe those particular games are too demanding? and because AMD processors are not the best for gaming? these are some factors. Well.. hopefully someone who knows even better than me can help you further Unsure

Well, I too have heard about that. It PROBABLY is wrong in the programming, so hopefully they can renew pcsx2 totally. If I'm wrong, so explain me why its causing problems for me.
Quote:It PROBABLY is wrong in the programming, so hopefully they can renew pcsx2 totally
it has nothing to do with programming. You are trying to compare native pc games to emulated games.
That requires much more RAW power than you can imagine.

Plus, Bulldozer architecture has been proved to perform badly when it comes to general gamin. Even worse with pcsx2.
you would have gotten better performances with a phenom X4, actually.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-29-2012, 08:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it has nothing to do with programming. You are trying to compare native pc games to emulated games.
That requires much more RAW power than you can imagine.

Plus, Bulldozer architecture has been proved to perform badly when it comes to general gamin. Even worse with pcsx2.
you would have gotten better performances with a phenom X4, actually.

You seem to know about a few things.. Do you think it would help if I overclock my CPU? So these games like Dragon Quest and Suikoden are "cpu-eater"?
PCSX2 requires a fast dual-core processor to run at full speed. Powerful graphics card is optional for high resolution. If you had an Intel GMA 4500, you could select GSDX null to listen to some music at full speed.

PC games generally use little CPU power (they never runs in slow motion) and require a powerful graphics card for smooth framerate.

Your Faildozer CPU has 8 weak cores, and only 2 of them are used in PCSX2 -- that's the reason. I bet a Pentium G850 ($85) outperforms your CPU in PCSX2.

Personally, I don't think overclocking that thing is a good idea. Do it if you are affort to pay the electric bill. Mellow
that said, using the latest svn and enabling MTVU hack may help you squeeze out a few more fps...
I see. Thank you, so I guess I prefer to wait until there are better emulator if you guys even care to refine it Wink
the emulator is constantly evolving, but it is still far from perfection though Tongue
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

the emu's main goal is accuracy, not speed.

better play on your PS2 until you can afford better hardware Wink