Sorry if answered already, asking about the cheats folder
if already answered somewhere, pls direct me to correct post.

I've got everything done already playing the game as we speak and it's running pretty good. Everything is smooth no errors or anything to complain about. Also, if this isn't the correct forum area for me to be asking this I apologize.

Currently I'm just trying to figure out how to use and work the different functions. So, first option I tried to check out, is the Enable Cheats option. Problem is, in the PCSX2 folder, there is no Cheats folder. So to be blunt, there are no cheats active even with it enabled.

Can anybody tell me if I have to create the Cheats folder myself, and if so, then what exactly do I do to input the cheats and such, what file format and/or note pad do I use for the PCSX2 Emulator to read in order for the cheats to work? I'm already looking at the Final Fantasy X cheats list on this site that I want to use but I don't know where to type them in at.

I do not know how to use Cheat Engine, I'm already looking at it trying to figure it out but it's a pain trying to understand how to use it, seeing as how the tutorial on it is rather long I'll have to find the patience to work with it if I need to. I also do not have a Gameshark/Action Replay thing for me to use cheats, I would really rather just using the cheats folder and manually putting the cheats in thing if I can.

Thanks for the help if anybody can provide some information.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS

Sponsored links

Usually the "Cheat" folder is in the install directory, not in the "documents/pcsx2" directory, check if you have a folder called Cheat there, if not, make one.

I assume you've already checked out the thread with the various known cheats, in that case just copy the ones you are interested in, into an empty text document, save it as .pnatch and, as name, use the Game CRC as it appears on the debug window of your pcsx2 when you start it up, minus the initial "0x".

Remember to paste there only the cheats you want active, or at least to insert "//" before each cheat you don't want to use, this will flag that line as comment and the program will not run it.
(08-12-2012, 10:22 PM)Koma Wrote: Usually the "Cheat" folder is in the install directory, not in the "documents/pcsx2" directory, check if you have a folder called Cheat there, if not, make one.

I assume you've already checked out the thread with the various known cheats, in that case just copy the ones you are interested in, into an empty text document, save it as .pnatch and, as name, use the Game CRC as it appears on the debug window of your pcsx2 when you start it up, minus the initial "0x".

Remember to paste there only the cheats you want active, or at least to insert "//" before each cheat you don't want to use, this will flag that line as comment and the program will not run it.

Alright sweet thanks I got it working. Smile
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS