Soul Calibur III does not recognize Player 2 inputs
Hello.

I am running the latest official release, 0.9.8 with the default plugins.
My problem is that I can play some games, say, Contra Shattered Soldier with two players and the controls work just fine. However, Soul Calibur III does not recognize any inputs from Player 2.

I am using the default input plugin at the default settings, simply mapping the controls to the keyboard.

Any help will be welcome.

Sponsored links

Are you sire you configure every single button(especially the D-Pad since it's fighting game)
(06-22-2011, 10:27 PM)vsub Wrote: Are you sire you configure every single button(especially the D-Pad since it's fighting game)

I'm sure I am because I can play the other game fine.
If I go to versus mode, I can select my characters for Player 1 but can't do anything with player 2. The start button does not respond either.
It's a bit odd.
Some games may work because they are using the D-PAL or/and the Left Analog for movement.
Don't just say "I'm sure",nothing bad will happen if you check just to be 100% sure.

Just as example...I have games that uses both the D-PAL and Left Analog for the same thing so I don't need to configure one of them
(06-22-2011, 11:36 PM)vsub Wrote: Some games may work because they are using the D-PAL or/and the Left Analog for movement.
Don't just say "I'm sure",nothing bad will happen if you check just to be 100% sure.

Just as example...I have games that uses both the D-PAL and Left Analog for the same thing so I don't need to configure one of them

Again, if that were the case, I would have the same problem with the P1 controls because I only mapped the D-pad in both cases. However, I just went into the game and mapped some keys to the analog stick and the result is the same.

I'm at a loss for what it could be.
Mind posting screen shots of the lilypad config tabs? "A picture's worth a thousand words", right?

Also, what kind of controllers are you using? Generic? 360? PS3?
Well, I found what causes the problem, but there may not be a solution without compromise.

I run the emulator with EE Cyclerate hack on level 2 because my computer does not have the horsepower to run at a reasonable speed without this hack and a couple of others. If I return the parameter to 1, P2 controls work again on SCIII.

If anyone can think of a workaround that will allow me to run P2 controls while keeping the hack active, I'm all ears.
Well since the hack is obviously causing it, nothing else to do than disable it and live with it i'm afraid.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-25-2011, 03:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: Well since the hack is obviously causing it, nothing else to do than disable it and live with it i'm afraid.

That's what I thought.
I'll have to wait until until my next cab PC upgrade to enjoy PCSX2 in all its glory.

I'm happy to be able to play games at all.
PCSX2 is pretty amazing.