Soul Reaver II (Slower Than Molasses)
Hey Guys,

I have been trying to play Soul Reaver II on my laptop. I can get the game to run and I can play the game but everything is sooooo slow and it just ruins the experience. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and has figured out the best configuration or has any tips? I have been playing with the configs but nothing seems to change. So I'm also wondering if my laptop has enough power to play the game?

My laptop:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model M-6880
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.24 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.53 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.48 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.46 GB
Page File Space 3.24 GB

Thanks

~Jrock

Sponsored links

well your laptop is weak but i can tell u some things to get more speed.

1st use 1888 beta and march plugins. use the highest version in all the plugins and also the highest gsdx u can from sse2 ssse3 sse4.1 (with the last being the highest) use d3d 9 or 10 hardware (depending on what is faster and better overall) and check the ps2 native resolution. in advanced options put both clamp modes to NONE and play with the speadhacks to see what combination is better for that game (this will need allot of testing)

use can also try using spu2 null or disable the sound in spu2-x (whatever is the fastest) and also play with the skipping frames options in cpu! sorry i cant give more details so u have to play with them Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Awesome! Thanks for the tips and fast reply. :-) I test these new configurations and plugin's and see if they make a difference.

Thanks Again!!!