Sound Problem 1.2.1
Hi i just installed pcsx2 and i have a sound problem with games it runs fine but every 3-4 mins it stutters for like 3 seconds from forums ive checked it says raise the ms sound latency but with 1.2.1 the crossplatform config has a letency meter and so does the plug in under volume which one do i toggle with? also my specs are ASUS G74sx Series Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM (2.00GHz) 12GB Memory 1.5TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 17.3" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Sponsored links

It's most likely stuttering because your game is dropping below 60fps, so it is slowing down to compensate.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

is my computer not beefy enough to run a constant 60 fps?
im afraid not. we recommend a 3Ghz processor or higher, your's is 2/3 of that, so you might get an average of about 40fps

how come when i turn frame limiting off it runs at 140-180 fps when i have frame limiting on it runs about 60 fps but drops to 57 ocassionally i think that might be the strutter cracking thing is there a way i can tweak my settings to compensate?
It depends what's on the screen at the time really, it could be that even that high framerate will drop to 57 at certain points, or if you're running from the DVD that will slow it down momentarily

so the only way to make the emulator work as well as a real ps2 would be to have a processor with over 3ghz or higher?
yes, but i wouldn't recommend doing it on a laptop, for the best experience i recommend a decent desktop computer

yeah i wish i knew how much laptops sucked for gaming even if it is a gaming laptop wasted 1200$ o well thx for the help
sorry dude, wish i could have forewarned you Sad Best of luck getting things to work!