Sound clicking in all games
I've recently been experiencing really strange noises while playing games with pcsx2. It seems to happen in all games.

For example:

I'm playing FFXII, the music and sound effects play fine then randomly SCREEEEEEEEEEECH POP POP CLICK regular sound resumes POP CLICK normal sound CLICK CLICK POP SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.

I never used to have this problem. It happens in r1888 and r2401. I used older versions and newer versions of the emulator and the plugins. The only other thing I can think of is that I did change to Win7 from Vista. I'm pretty sure my sound drivers were from the same package and they never caused this before.

The strangest part was that at some point I made a savestate and when I resumed from that there were no clicking noises. If I loaded from a memcard save then the clicking would come back. I reloaded from a memcard and overwrote the savestate and haven't been able to figure out how I stopped the clicking the first time.

Sponsored links

Bring up my post. Am I really the only with this issue? Does anybody know ANYTHING?
If you use SPU2-X, try a different output module. If you don't use SPU2-X, do so, and use the xaudio2 output module.
Windows Vista is known to have a very bad latency problem with dsound, so that might explain this.
also try a bigger sound buffer
Maybe turn your speakers down?
Mine screech when I was watching this show and they were inflating the balloons it would make an awful sound.

At least you can play FFXII I can't get out of the tutorial let alone walk!
This problem is so frustrating. I had stopped playing because I couldn't take the clicking anymore. I was using xaudio2 with default settings. That had clicking. I had previously tried various combinations of the slider settings and none seemed to help, and having high latency was almost as bad as lots of clicking anyways.

I just tried it again and I swear it is only doing it about 10% as much as before but I definately did still hear a few screeching noises. :\

I switched to dsound and it seemed to go away.

I haven't changed anything on my computer from then to now...and xaudio2 used to work fine on vista. Then it worked on win7 and later it broke for no apparent reason.
So are you still having a problem with it?