Sound is pretty choppy and video is a little delayed?
Dirge of Cerberus is a pretty demanding game, make sure you are using the latest pcsx2, then go into speedhacks like mentioned above and just enable the MTVU speed hack.

Is the slowdown you mentioned only on the videos or do they happen when ingame, the videos in this game are very cpu sensitive(like the ffx-2 videos) if you get under 60fps they will start to skip and audio will glitch, another suggestion is to use software mode in gsdx since this is one of those strange games that can run better under software mode <and will show more effects like rain>.

Sponsored links

So I tried going into the video configure screen but I got a message that says "GS plugin failed to open. your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers." I'd tried deleting all of my video drivers and reinstalling them to the best of my knowledge my drivers are up to date, is there a plugin for GS or something that i'm missing?

I mean, is it just my graphics card? I thought it was a great card but could it possibly suck? I assume the CPU is good due to it being an i7 quad core D:
And to ad Hyakki, after trying to set your settings and run the game i'm getting the error message "invalid window handle passed to lilypad. either your emulator or GS plugin is buggy despite the fact the emulator is about to blame lilypad for failing to initialize."
Oh and I forgot to mention i'm running 0.9.8 So far the slowdown is at the intro screen when the sparkles start flying around to create the DOC crest, but i've also noticed that sometimes the replication of the PS2 turning on video has the slow mo sound and sounds kinda choppy as well very lightly compared to DOC though, I'll try to find a way to get a video if it'll help.
get the latest revision here, (only the newer builds have the mtvu speedhack and they run somewhat better on newer pc's compared to 0.9.8)
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

btw doc game has a ton of bugs in hardware mode (like half the screen updates faster then the other half) this might be the effect you are seeing, you might be better off in software mode (press F9)

I'm not quite sure about the errors you are seeing with lilypad I have never seen them before, maybe right click on pcsx2 and run as administrator.
Do you happen to have the link for 64 bit?
There isn't one, the 32bit one works fine on a 64bit OS.
Okay so i've redownloaded, i've played with the settings nothing works :/ I get a few error messages in the log. When I start up the game I get "Gif Unit - GS packet size exceeded VU memory size!" As well everytime I try to edit my video settings I get an error message saying "GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers." Only have the option to hit "ok" or cancel, if I hit ok it brings me to the plugin screen, so I have to hit ok, and click video settings again to be able to edit my video settings. Anybody have any idea what these errors are from?
Have you downloaded and used the installer?
you might want to make sure you have all the windows updates installed, the proper vc++ runtimes (2005,2008,2010) and are running the latest directx redist.

dont forget to keep your drivers up to date mainly the videocard you can get them from nvidia (the WDM drivers are bad to use.)