Source in Linux or binary for windows?
Hey guys this is my first post.....

I've read practically everywhere that it's an endeavor to get pcsx2 to work in the first place but I've come pretty far now that I almost have it getting past the BIOS post screen for ZeroGS. I'm wondering if I'd be better off installing it in linux -> building everything from source. It loads ok, tries to mount, then Windows says the actual app failed -> With some tweaking, try again, this time it says the zerogs DLL caused the crash. And, no, my proc doesn't support SSE2 exts. Everytime I uncheck the MTGS setting in CPU settings it crashes after I hit OK (zerogs DLL). Any ideas?

SPECS:

AMD Athlon barton core 2500+ (1.8Ghz) w/ 3GB of RAM (Right at the limit~!)
ATI radeon 9600 pro 128MB DDR (supports 2.0 shaders)
DVD ROM (yes I have setup DVD for mounting)
Windows XP (unless compiling source in Ubuntu would be better)

I know this would work on a better machine but can you guys give me a little advice? TIA -- Judo

Sponsored links

Just checking, do you plan to play any 3D games? Because with that machine, you'll only be able to play 2D games.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Yeah I figured It'd be something like that but eventually (probably with another machine) I want to play GTA SA. Um, I've noticed that a lot of you are playing RPGs with the software, what's up with that?
I'm not sure what your question is. Maybe you expand a bit upon "what's up with that?"

Give gsdx a try and see if it works.
Uh oh. If your processor doesn't have SSE2, you're pretty well screwed.
SSE2 is necessary to use the recompilers, essentially it's the magic code that makes it possible to run at acceptable speeds.

I play a lot of RPG's because they are tolerant of the occasional framerate drop. They are also much more conducive to short bursts of play, I can get in 30 min of gaming without really breaking my stride. But that's just me.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for PCSX2 to work...it's really really old. Get a new PC and try again
[Image: newsig.jpg]