Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
Holy crap, oh my goodness, the progress is astounding! I love how you have the configure Video/Audio and Controller subsections for each game right there, most of the time, that's all that needs to be changes, so big kudos to that. It works this time and although I only added the problematic game (.Hack) it's perfect.

The inclusion to use the existing PCSX2 configuration is ace, because that makes things a toooooon easier.

Although your add Directory doesn't work just yet, I love the implementation of it, asking which games to add or otherwise, I was actually going to bring that up, because I don't want to have my entire library in Spectabis, so it'd be cool if the program asked me if I wanted this and this game, awesome job with that.

It's very slick and works really well so far.

Only things I'd ask for is a back button, instead of relying on "x"-ing out and to double click start a game instead of single clicking, that really surprised me and I accidentally brought up 3 instances of PCSX2 at once :3.

Also, I know this isn't totally necessary, but ways to categorize games or to allow us to customize the placement of each game, so I could have my RPG's at the top, Racing in the middle and what-not, think adjusting icons on an iDevice or Android device =).

I'm stunned at the progress though, you'll be fixing the Directory section and night mode too, which is awesome.

Just a question/consideration though, for the games that we don't add to Add Directory, it would be nice if Spectabis didn't ask us to add the game into the program on launch, in other words, if I don't want the game in there, Spectabis ignores it unless i decide to manually put the game in Spectabis' Library, if you understand what I mean :3.

10/10 though, soon enough, this will be the front-end to use for PCSX2 and with someone who is working on it currently!

Edit: I just realized the "Game Name" section for when you add a game is the folder name in the config Section of Spectabis!!! I did not know that, and upon knowing that, is really cool. PCSX2 Bonus was kind of a pain in the butt when it came to dealing with the same game but in different versions, like undubs and what-not, so this method is 10000x better, I can easily just make an "Undub" version and have two distinct versions of the game in the library. You may want to change Game Name though to maybe Game/Folder Name - Had I known this before, I could have probably avoided the .hack issue to begin with by consolidating the entire game name the way you did for me hackinfection.

It was a very smart way to handle the bug and I applaud you in thinking around that, fantastic job my friend!

Sponsored links

(09-04-2016, 04:13 PM)Arcadius Wrote: Although your add Directory doesn't work just yet, I love the implementation of it, asking which games to add or otherwise, I was actually going to bring that up, because I don't want to have my entire library in Spectabis, so it'd be cool if the program asked me if I wanted this and this game, awesome job with that.

Yeah, it will be a Yes/No dialog box and pressing no will just add the .iso to a blacklist, so it doesn't get automaticly added.

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback, btw.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
Spectabis 0.0.9 is here!
Not a huge update, but much more stable this time around.

- Night Mode is now fully implemented
- Game library now resizes properly with window size
- Added option to change Aspect Ratio & Zoom %
- Double click to launch a game option has been added in options menu, enabled by default
- If double click setting is not enabled, double clicking opens only one instance of game
- Fixed issue with plugin configuration

* Games directory remains unchanged - not working

https://github.com/FaithLV/PCSX2-Spectab.../tag/0.0.9
Oh crap! PCSX2 for some reason didn't send me an e-mail that you posted in this thread =(.

I'll check 0.0.9 sometime tomorrow and see how it goes, not many more features i can think of that you'll need to continue to implement, so maybe some others can suggest things for you and you probably have things you want to do as well ! =).
Can you post binaries for 0.0.9 please? Smile

Edit:
I gave 0.0.8 a try and I want to suggest you implement more error/problem handling next.
"In the wild" you'll encounter all kinds of ps2 game directories with weird content your tool can't possibly parse.
For those cases, you could log the error in a separate tab and blacklist the problematic file.
Oh silly me.

Added binary build to https://github.com/FaithLV/PCSX2-Spectab.../tag/0.0.9
Cheers Smile
New version!

- Adding games from a directory now works, refreshed with each launch or manually with a button
- Game directory blacklist can be managed in settings
- Spectabis now supports .cso and .gz files (https://github.com/FaithLV/PCSX2-Spectabis/issues/1)
- PCSX2 configuration copying now also looks for files in documents
- Game file directory can be changed from game settings window
- Bunch of exceptions are now catched (probably bunch more to come)
- Other fixes
- Binary build is now actually uploaded, I double checked this time

https://github.com/FaithLV/PCSX2-Spectab.../tag/0.1.0
That's a good update, will test sometime soon.
A quick question. Are people using .cso and .gz compressed images? If so, is .gz being used more than .cso?