Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
Quote: A quick question. Are people using .cso and .gz compressed images? If so, is .gz being used more than .cso?

People are using both. Each has different advantages, and I don't think one is used much more than the other. Try both and decide for yourself.

Sponsored links

(09-19-2016, 09:47 PM)avih Wrote: People are using both. Each has different advantages, and I don't think one is used much more than the other. Try both and decide for yourself.

I've tried both, but .cso files cannot be opened with 7z and thus, automatic name suggestions won't work with those types of files.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
(09-20-2016, 02:46 PM)FaithLV Wrote: I've tried both, but .cso files cannot be opened with 7z and thus, automatic name suggestions won't work with those types of files.

Yes, one of the advantages of gzip is that it's a much more standard format and so much more tools support it.
It's been a while, had some time to test out the 0.1.0 release. It works really well, love the dark mode, directory works really well, aside from having to put my own art work in, but i don't think anything negatively about it.

The only problems I have currently is the GUI itself.

Currently, the games are too close to one another, leaving very little white space in-between each game, another problem is that I can't adjust the size of the window, so some elements such as the art work and refresh icon, add game and add directory over lap one another. Another problem is I can't view the art work of the games at the bottom when I scroll all the way down, only see half of it.

I'd also like to recommend having the names of the games below the artwork if possible, though I'm not sure how you'd parse to find the names, maybe just use the ISO name to keep it simple, like how you do with the config folders currently?

All in all, it's great, just a few kinks to work out, but I can start using Spectabis as my to go front end from now on.

Edit: Still having some issues with .Hack, for some reason, it didn't use the correct base plugins like the other games and when I tried to remove it, caused an exception in Spectabis, I needed to manually delete the config folder to remove it. Not sure why, I'm not playing the game currently, so I'll just leave it out of the Spectabis front end, other games have no issues though, fortunately.
(09-26-2016, 02:11 PM)Arcadius Wrote: It's been a while, had some time to test out the 0.1.0 release. It works really well, love the dark mode, directory works really well, aside from having to put my own art work in, but i don't think anything negatively about it.

The only problems I have currently is the GUI itself.

Currently, the games are too close to one another, leaving very little white space in-between each game, another problem is that I can't adjust the size of the window, so some elements such as the art work and refresh icon, add game and add directory over lap one another. Another problem is I can't view the art work of the games at the bottom when I scroll all the way down, only see half of it.

I'd also like to recommend having the names of the games below the artwork if possible, though I'm not sure how you'd parse to find the names, maybe just use the ISO name to keep it simple, like how you do with the config folders currently?

All in all, it's great, just a few kinks to work out, but I can start using Spectabis as my to go front end from now on.

Edit: Still having some issues with .Hack, for some reason, it didn't use the correct base plugins like the other games and when I tried to remove it, caused an exception in Spectabis, I needed to manually delete the config folder to remove it. Not sure why, I'm not playing the game currently, so I'll just leave it out of the Spectabis front end, other games have no issues though, fortunately.

Hey, yeah. For some reason, you can't resize the main window, but I'll try harder to fix that. I have already pushed a commit that will automatically download game artwork if added from directory. Button placement is also fixed.
I'll see what I can do about game names.

I'm not sure when I'll release a new binary update, because I'm having some problems with multithreading for downloading artwork that I'd like to fix first.
Sounds good. I don't mind the art work too much, but the resizing and button placement is a bit important, so nice job on fixing that quickly.

I can wait while you continue to work on the program, it's basically fine as it is for me currently.
Here's 0.2.0!
Let's pray it's stable. I'm falling asleep.

- When adding a new game (manually or with directory) game will be named automatically, if file is .iso or .gz (not working with .cso for now)
- Added Widescreen patches option in game settings
- Added Mipmap HW hack option in game settings
- You can now enable game titles under Settings menu
- Fixed button placement and game tiles interfiering with upper buttons (could still be a problems with high resolution monitors)
- Fixed some directory releated issues

If you're adding a game manually, it'll suggest a title from PCSX2 database file GameIndex.dbf, it's located where PCSX2.exe is

https://github.com/FaithLV/PCSX2-Spectab.../tag/0.2.0

EDIT: I'll get automatic box art scrapping working and then I'll work on ironing out issues. Thanks.
And btw, you can keep your \resources\configs\ folder. Game profiles are portable and will work.

EDIT 2: Ahh, well. Looks like I forgot to remove some things in this binary release. I hope PCSX2 team doesn't kill me for uploading their plugins. I promise not to do this again.
(09-27-2016, 10:29 PM)FaithLV Wrote: EDIT 2: Ahh, well. Looks like I forgot to remove some things in this binary release. I hope PCSX2 team doesn't kill me for uploading their plugins. I promise not to do this again.

We won't, but your users might if you overwrite their gsdx plugin Smile

I suggest that you update the attachment at the download page.
I really like the way game name works, I don't mind seeing ".iso" at the end of the name, but the font is really big and most of the names don't get shown. I still feel like separating how close the game box arts to each other would help, they feel very close to one another, both vertically and horizontally.

Button placement on my end is fine.

I think getting a resizable window working is more important than the above issue, changing how tall/wide the screen is could change things or make more bugs happen :3.

Keep up the great work, Spectabis is turning out to be pretty amazing =).
(09-28-2016, 12:14 AM)avih Wrote: We won't, but your users might if you overwrite their gsdx plugin Smile

Plugins from PCSX2 get copied to Spectabis folder with every starup. Files I kept just make the uploaded file larger.

Quote:I think getting a resizable window working is more important than the above issue, changing how tall/wide the screen is could change things or make more bugs happen :3.

There's some wierd bug, because it should be actually resizeable. I'll try to reach some people for help.

Thanks.