Speed Hacks... no difference? FFXII
Hi everybody!

Is it normal that with or without speed hacks, I get no frame difference?
Always stuck at 75% (45 fps)

And, without speed hacks, I get no choppy sound in fmv... so....

Sponsored links

Yes for FFXII game. Speedhacks is not gain more fps just very little and make negatif effect for sound. Best for weak system (cpu and gpu) is to get old pcsx2 with vu skip in option and try with that.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Thanks... gonna try it ASAP...

BTW... why is vu skip is not available in recent version?

EDIT:
Just went to the screenshot thread and found this thread below. I have almost the same config but 4 gb ram and Geforce 8600 1 gb....
The only diff is that I use D3D 11 (HW) on windows 7....
Shouldn't I get full speed?

Cpu: Intel Core2 Duo E8500 @3.16Ghz
Ram: 2GB DDR2
Graphics: Geforce 8800GS 320mb

GSDX 890 0.1.14: Renderer D3D 10(HW)
SPU2-X 1.1.0: Default
Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0: All games running from physical DVD drive
Bios: Europe V02

Final Fantasy XII (PAL) SLES 54354
Playable Full speed. Looks, sounds and plays fantastic! Barely a hiccup anywhere.
So try doing what they did?

(Hint: DX11 mode isn't even worthy of being called alpha Tongue2)
I think VU Skip has been replaced with the newer VU cycle stealing, at least in the latest public beta.

Try the latest beta anyway.

Use D3D 10 Hardware mode, since D3D 11 currently produces absolutely no improvements over D3D 10.

So you have an E8500 as well then? The difference in performance would probably be the video card in that case, since the 8800GTS 320mb is still quite a great deal more powerful than the 8600GT (1GB version is the same as 512MB for all intents and purposes unless gaming at extremely high resolutions with AA).

What internal resolution are you playing at? Try ticking Native, and see if FPS increases. Also, what's the CPU usage indicated on the title bar of PCSX2 while you're playing? Is it high (90+%)?
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Guess you're right, but I'm not at my PC right now... :-P

(Didn't know DX11 mode was in alpha.... I thought the higher the better.... guess I was wrong :-P)
Convert your game to iso file then play again. Play with phsycal DVD is not good step. Play this game in directx.10 mode can increase fps and try with latest gsdx plugin too (see first gsdx plugin thread).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ok, done a series of tests.
Got back to Dx10 but seems that every resolution I play with, except the native one, won't get me full speed. Even 640x480.
Geforce 8600 seems to be not good enough... CPU is at 25% max....

Guess I'll go back to Xp (Windows 7 I'm using was installed as test for my job), to see if I can get some improvements (and also beacuse my PS2 Joypad USB adaptor doesn't work on Win7)

Thanks everybody for help...
dont use dx10.. then

i play fffxii with dx9 graphics and it runs smoothly with no speedhacks at all.
(10-12-2009, 04:01 PM)jordzkie Wrote: dont use dx10.. then

i play fffxii with dx9 graphics and it runs smoothly with no speedhacks at all.

Wait... what are your specs? What resolution do you use?