Speed Help
I'm really sorry for my ignorance. I really am. My brother bought another PC so that our home PC could replace the one broken in our office. So since I could hardly play any PS2 games in my old one, I decided to test our new processor. It's been so long since I've played a PS2 game so I looked around and found my Disgaea 2 CD.

In our old PC, I got the FMV to run at 40FPS. In our new one, I got it to reach 60, 70, and 50 respectively (didn't limit my frames yet, and I didn't use speed hacks) and then I closed PCSX2. When I retried it, for some reason it went down and ran at 3 to 14 FPS. I downloaded the new 0.9.7 and it ran 20 to 40 FPS. I'm really confused on why it slowed down. Maybe I changed some stuff I shouldn't have. I've been trying to change the settings, I even set it back to default, but I really couldn't get it to work as fast as it did that time.

Here are my PC specs (I hope this is sufficient info regarding specs and all since I just copied this from the System folder):
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed memory RAM: 4.00 GB (3.23GB usable)
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Thank you so much in advance!

EDIIIIIIT:
OOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY...
So I didn't do anything and now it's back to running the game fast (60FPS but unstable). Now I'm getting more confused... And I'm pretty sure It'll be like this... for a while...

Maybe it has something to do with my CDROM?

Sponsored links

Probably some power saving or turbo boost kicking in.

It's always recommended to make an ISO of your game and running that instead of playing from the disc for better speed tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
So I found my old FFX game and tried running it on ISO like you told me. And guess what? It ran very smoothly at 60 FPS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yesterday, I tried playing my Jak II game on CD and it was still slow. I'll try making an ISO of it if it works. But wow, this is a real huge speed difference from when I used the CD of FFX.

Again, thank you so much!