Speed up help?
Try to native res at gsdx plugin then. Btw do you have vgacard add on?? Hope not an onboard gpu.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.

Sponsored links

(05-11-2010, 04:32 PM)Register Wrote: Try to native res at gsdx plugin then. Btw do you have vgacard add on?? Hope not an onboard gpu.

I think I changed it back right after.

I've finally returned to Earth based missions after like 5-10 "Chapters" of Space. Now everything's running good. I don't know if the space backgrounds simply require more resources *don't see why since space is mostly black with random BG 'objects' on a set scrolling BG...*, or if the Emulator needs certain settings for space, or if the code used in space isn't wholly compatible with the graphics setup.

And what's Vgacard add on? Never heard of it before.

And Onboard GPU = my Graphic card or whatever it is? As far as I know it's the one that came with my (single core) Windows XP, an old NVidia.

And my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ (I know these are probably ancient by now... I just recently got around to upgrading my computer bit by bit via donations, just recently got 2 gigs of Ram over the 512mb...)

I'll edit this in a bit with 2 screenshots to compare the stuff.

Edit: Okay, I got a few, and ONE Visual Glitch, I do NOT get why this is happening... other than the first two images (the glitch), the rest are all either space or Earth, just view the FPS for nuff said.

[Image: OneVisualGlitch.png]
(NOTE: The above picture was taken on a space mission, I'll try it on Earth now for an FPS comparison)

[Image: EarthHamma.png]
(I did the Hammer on Earth, this is the result, a whole 10 FPS difference)

[Image: 50ishFPS.png]

[Image: YesHeis.png]

[Image: 65ishFPS.png]

[Image: 80ishFPSSpeedComparison.png]

Edit: Software mode fixes the face, but the FPS!!!!! AND ON AN EARTH MAP!

[Image: Software.png]
Try with the (software) renderer in GSdx, it should fix the graphic plugin but will probably be slower in that CPU (actually it could maybe speed up in some places...).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-12-2010, 05:45 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try with the (software) renderer in GSdx, it should fix the graphic plugin but will probably be slower in that CPU (actually it could maybe speed up in some places...).

Oww... the software render was half FPS on Earth (27-30ish, on the Map itself...)

In battle it is a little worse... especially worse when damage comes up (20 FPS...)
of course, because it relies entirely on your cpu.
but did the graohic bug occur again ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-12-2010, 09:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: of course, because it relies entirely on your cpu.
but did the graohic bug occur again ?

I actually didn't even check for it. I'll go Software mode after I do a save state and tell you.

Edit: Yea the image appears in whole in Software mode. I'll post the picture in a bit with the rest from earlier.

[Image: Software.png]

(Posted it here too. Location taken on Earth map)