Spider-Man 3
I've been looking around, and it seems like the last people who had this same unresolved issue were all from around 2010 / 2011.

I've managed to get Spider-Man 3 for the ps2 working, but after the completion of the first mission, it goes to the loading screen, and then that's it, it's stuck like that forever.

Since this has been unresolved since 2011 and other people have put out reports for this, why hasn't it been fixed yet?

Or has there been a fix, but it hasn't been disclosed to those other people who made threads detailing this problem?

And when WILL it be fixed?

Sponsored links

since it's not in the compatibility list, I guess no one has been able to test it enough to determine what kind of bu g it has.
maybe you could make a proper bug report to see it pushed to github ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
According to this compatibility report, it's probably a sound plugin/SPU issue: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Spider-Ma...#pid466140
(05-20-2016, 11:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: since it's not in the compatibility list, I guess no one has been able to test it enough to determine what kind of bu g it has.
maybe you could make a proper bug report to see it pushed to github ?

Tried this, didn't work.
(05-21-2016, 02:10 AM)justforthis Wrote: Tried this, didn't work.

It probably won't be fixed, then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Maybe there is a certain manual game fix that can help with the frozen/hanging loading screen, have you tested any manual fixes??
Hello,Sorry for the necro,but i wanted to know if there's some progress over Spider-man 3,i really want to play it,too bad my old PS2 doesn't read discs anymore.
Any chance that someone can fix this?
I doubt there has been much progress. You can try the newest Git build to see how the game runs, but beyond that, I couldn't tell you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-03-2016, 03:45 PM)refraction Wrote: I doubt there has been much progress. You can try the newest Git build to see how the game runs, but beyond that, I couldn't tell you.

Thanks, but that's really too bad about the game. Sad
That game may not mean much to someone else,but that's years since i've last played it and i really liked it.
I'm not sure i understand how that game can be fixed,i mean who can do that?
I see that the extreme majority (90%) of games on the compatibility list are fortunately playable,so what are the PCSX2 testers\devs working on now?
I asked that because i've been away from the community for some time
I don't know what the issue is and I don't know who has the game, so we can't fix it unless we have it or happen to fix the bug that is causing it.

We generally don't fix specific games, but we are working on things to improve the emulator all the time.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]