Splashdown failing to load past loading screen (Assertion Failure)

.txt   AssertionFailed.txt (Size: 836 bytes / Downloads: 35)
Hello, there. The game was running fine when I ran it a long time ago on 1.5.0 but with builds 1.6.0 and up, it begins to encounter an issue of not loading up at all past a certain point. This happens when entering any event. It doesn't load up and shows this error message. Found a GitHub thread of the same issue but with a Harry potter game and one user noted that different versions of the game work. I've tried using other regional versions and the same issue still persists. Is there a solution for this? I'm using the PCSX2 1.7.2133 Nightly build if you're wondering. Attached a screenshot and the log that appears during the issue. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

why are you using such an old version ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Running the game on latest nightly build and it plays perfectly fine. You have to use software mode or the water doesn't render correctly, but that is a known issue. Maybe try re-dumping the game. Of course, make sure you're running the latest nightly build of pcsx2. Don't load from any save states or memory card just in case they became corrupted. If all that doesn't work, try running the game with default settings
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM