Spontaneus drops on FPS
Hello guys!
Im new here and I searched the forums to see if someone has had my same problem but i couldnt find any post like that so here it goes.

Like 1 year ago i got myself a new pc to play some newer games on at least medium settings because my older one sucked, anyway in this older pc I had pcsx2 instaled (it was and old revision like r1700something) and I could run some games smoothly (all the SMT games, FFX, FFXII, etc) but now with this new pc I cant run smoothly this games I used to play just fine, the thing is that the Fps drops I encounter are pretty random, lets say (for people who know this games) in SMT:Nocturne I am at the amala labyrinth and even if i dont move FPS go from 60 to 20 even if it is rendering the same stuff and later it goes back to normal, or lets say the intro part for the tanker section in MGS2, sometimes it runs smoothly, sometimes runs at 20 FPS.

This drops dont appear at the same moments in this intro section it happens when it feels like it and again I can stand still on the same spot and the FPS drops whenever it feels like it, from 60 to 20 something FPS and later again it goes back to normal just to repeat this same cycle. Another tidbit of info, this same thing is happening on other emus like the GCemu Dolphin, its the same story FPS drops when it feels like it and then goes back up.

I have tried with different plugins on DX9 and DX11 on the lowest settings possible all with the same results.

Im using PCsx2 1.2.1 r5875 and this are my PC specs:

AMD FX-6300 Six core 3.5GHz
RAM 8Gbs
HDD 1TB
Nvidia GT740 4gb (its OCed by default if i remember correctly)

My drivers are up to date and all that.
Thank you all for reading and helping and btw excuse me for my english not my first language

Sponsored links

Tried disabling AMD cool n quiet ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Those FX 6300 get quite hot or?

Please check cpu temp.
(03-30-2015, 11:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: Those FX 6300 get quite hot or?

Please check cpu temp.

With the default cooler they can throttle even at stock speeds. It's ultra *****.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yah disabling cool n quiet didnt change a thing, temp on the cores are at around 70 - 75 degrees @ 3.8 GHz befores it throttles back to 1.4 GHz until it gets to like 52-58 degrees, is there a way to sort this out, I have to get a new cooler-fan?
(03-31-2015, 01:16 AM)Athatmahari Wrote: Yah disabling cool n quiet didnt change a thing, temp on the cores are at around 70 - 75 degrees @ 3.8 GHz befores it throttles back to 1.4 GHz until it gets to like 52-58 degrees, is there a way to sort this out, I have to get a new cooler-fan?

I had the same issue. Yeah, you need a new cooler.

If you can fit it, a Hyper 212 Evo is a great one for not a lot of money.

If you have a very small case, you may have to go with water cooling like I did.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah i thought so... oh well, thank you guys very much, thank you blyss, that was helpful and i learnt something from this and yeah that cooler is around 30 bucks from where i am from, I will grab one of those then cause i have a big case.
You will also be able to overclock pretty good with it. If you can get to 4.4Ghz it will really help PCSX2.
he would probably have to push his voltage high to reach that clockspeed, it's always advisable to read a overclocking guide before proceeding on it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-31-2015, 06:52 AM)ssakash Wrote: he would probably have to push his voltage high to reach that clockspeed

Actually prolly not. The Vishera process is pretty mature, so it kinda depends on when he bought his CPU too but, MOST FX 6300 will hit 4.4 on stock voltage or with a very slight bump.

Mine is an exception, it's a piss poor overclocker, and I am at max voltage my board can push(which is a whole .1v above the recommended maximum).

Stock: 1.35v
Recommended safe max: 1.55v
Mine: 1.65v

XD

But I'm on water as well.