Star Ocean 3 - Blackscreen after Video sequence
Hi there!

I hope you can help me with my problem, google sure couldn't help me.

After I rescue 2 hostages and return to a town called Arias I get a little ingame scene. After that scene, when the three heroes march off the display turns black as if the video would end, but the screen continues to stay black forever. The music is still running, so the emulator didn't crash. The controls are still deactivated though, so I can't open the ingame menu or something like that.

I've played the game (at 60 fps - did I mention that pcsx2 is a damn great emu?) for hours and there weren't any problems until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tynian

Sponsored links

(07-17-2011, 10:34 AM)Tynian Wrote: Hi there!

I hope you can help me with my problem, google sure couldn't help me.

After I rescue 2 hostages and return to a town called Arias I get a little ingame scene. After that scene, when the three heroes march off the display turns black as if the video would end, but the screen continues to stay black forever. The music is still running, so the emulator didn't crash. The controls are still deactivated though, so I can't open the ingame menu or something like that.

I've played the game (at 60 fps - did I mention that pcsx2 is a damn great emu?) for hours and there weren't any problems until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tynian

Make sure that u dont have speed hacks activated, the game tends to die with speedhacks plus fmw or cut scenes, that happend to me in the 0.9.6 and 0.9.7, so deactivate any speed hack >_>

cheers o/

I've deactivated all speed hacks, but the problem is still the same.
By the way, I use 0.9.8

Update: I tried it with software rendering and disabled speed hacks (which gave me a good opportunity to read a book during that scene ^-^) and the scene was ended properly. I can continue playing now! *throws book into a corner*

Many thanks for the advice ecchiless!

Tynian
Make sure to load the game from memory card if you encounter those unpassable scenes.
I found that speedhacks can break some internal timing early in a cutscene, then after it
ends the game hangs waiting forever for an event.
Sounds nasty - even more so because I tend to use mostly savestates, so thx for the advice.
I really don't want to play 10 hours of gameplay twice.
or you could load a savestate and then save to a memory card and load from the memory card after rebooting
I assume he was using savestates to abuse the bonus system which is why he was avoiding save points.
mmm maybe, maybe not, i remember that i dont use much the save points in star cause was a paint to go back and save xD, if u find ur self with a gamepad problem is not fault of the pad plugin again is the hacks, ppl tend to believe that lily fails in star sometimes but no >_>
(07-17-2011, 08:58 PM)dralor Wrote: I assume he was using savestates to abuse the bonus system which is why he was avoiding save points.

Nope, I'm just lazy Tongue
I like pressing F1 or F3 more than juggling with the game menu. It's faster, easier and you don't need to run around searching for a save point.

@ecchiless: Huh? Gamepad problems? I don't have any in star ocean - maybe a misunderstanding? My english can get quite weird sometimes, sorry. ^-^
(07-17-2011, 11:33 PM)Tynian Wrote: Nope, I'm just lazy Tongue
I like pressing F1 or F3 more than juggling with the game menu. It's faster, easier and you don't need to run around searching for a save point.

@ecchiless: Huh? Gamepad problems? I don't have any in star ocean - maybe a misunderstanding? My english can get quite weird sometimes, sorry. ^-^

Dont worry, i was talking about some problems that u may have in the future(or not), about engrish well mine is awfull xD, i dont have much trouble reading-hearing but man i suck when i have to write something Tongue