Star Ocean 3 Help (Sry!) - Tri-Ace Fix Doesn't work
I know there's been a ton of black screen questions out there that have been answered, but I'm still stuck. To be fair, I think I've looked at all of them by now before posting since I wanted to solve this myself like usual, but I seem unable to do so . I have the tri-ace fix enabled, i even tried disabling the fixes and just kept automatic fixes on, and i've tried recreating a new ISO from my disc and I still get a black screen that I can't progress from (even by pressing start). I'll add the main log below, and although I don't know much about computers, there's a string of 'load' errors above the plugins closing down at the end.

Any ideas? Thank you for taking a look!

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 3,07 KB / Downloads: 203)
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD

Sponsored links

(05-28-2014, 03:30 PM)Mistcrawler Wrote: and i've tried recreating a new ISO from my disc

Are you really sure about this? TLB miss would be easiest explained by a bad iso considering that you don't use cheats..
Which program have you used?

Have you tried FullBoot instead of Fastboot?
First of all, thank you for replying - I know this black screen issue appears quite frequently on the internet. Well I'd like to assume the ISO is good since every other ISO i've made from my PS2 library has turned out just fine. I'm trying not to dismiss the idea that a bad ISO is possible, but the odds of the same program I've used countless times making it's first (and second since I've tried creating a new one with another program to check on this originally) bad ISO is unlikely to me. I hadn't tried the full boot at the time you asked that, but I can tell you now that it still doesn't work.

Are there any other possible explanations for this error?
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x60014d00 [load]
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD
Scratched disk and bad cheats.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yes, a bad iso.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Cheats are unfortunately not enabled.

Have you tried the software renderer? Maybe the TLB miss is unrelated and it's an graphics issue...

I think your game is just wondering why it is in the nintendo-folder Wink
What are your settings in Config->Emulation- EE/IOP and VU?

I have this game and I just booted it in 1.3.0 with no problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Wow thanks for all the replies!!!

Um, lets start with the easy one first - it's in the nintendo folder cause that's the system where i started my gaming, and all games now have to be associated with it somehow for me lol.

It really sucks if it's a bad iso, since I've gone as far as renting the PS2 disc from gamefly and still no good (on here anyways), so I'd rather exhaust all other options before i have to go back to that clunky machine called the PS2 Smile

My EE/VU settings are at 0 currently. I've got spin and loop detection enabled, and flag hack on the other side enabled. All others are disabled. And Round-Nearest, Clamping-ExtraPreserveSign. If it's a problem with graphics I'll be happy since that's an easy fix, and I'll look into some ideas to test that theory in the meantime.

Any other ideas/things to check?
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD
Oh and i forgot to add - i tried putting graphics in software mode and that didn't do anything as well. Still same black screen of death for this one game... argh this is frustrating!
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD
I didn't mean your speed hack sliders. I meant in Config->Emulation settings, the tabs up at the top. The left most tab is EE/IOP and the second one is VU. They contain settings like clamping and rounding and stuff. Although I highly doubt that is the problem. I do notice in your log it says your memory card in slot 2 is a duplicate of slot 1. I don't know how that's possible, because I tried to set up mine that way just to see if that would cause a problem, and the memory card set up won't let me. Either way, as an extremely long shot, try ejecting the card in slot 2.

BTW what condition is the drive you are using to make your ISOs in?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD