Star Ocean 3 - vertical and horizontal lines
The lines are present in the main game too, just way harder to notice, except during area and scene transitions. the best way to show them would be to take a video to catch the transition.

The map is just the easiest example for me to screenshot. stand by.

Sponsored links

Hmm. I played SO3 recently in PCSX2 and noticed no lines aside from the map.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I've managed to successfully take video of the problem, and analyze it frame by frame. As I don't have permission to download anything to the system having these problems, I instead moved the video to my own system, whereby I could download a program that would let me screenshot individual frames of the issue.

The problem exists only when transitioning between various visuals, as the game quickly fades out and back in. This fadeout is so fast that it may not be perceptible during standard gameplay; the lines, however, definitely are.

I have taken screenshots of examples of the lines as they exist outside of the minimap. Those screenshots are listed as exampleX.png [X representing 1-4] in the following dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fpb9hdb3cjloo..._ZySa?dl=0
You never did answer my question about weither or not they show up at native. If they do not show up at native then its an upscaling issue. You might try The latest GIT builds and active Round Sprite and Align Sprite in GDSX with the OpenGL Hardware Render and see if that helps if it doesn't then there is currenting nothing you can do about the problem besides playing the game at native if they disappear then.
I apologize for ignoring you, I was hasty in reading.

The problem does not show up at native, I will try GIT builds et cetera and report back. I will try activating Round Sprite and Align Sprite.
Yeah the lines are from upscaling so those 2 options should help. If not then there is nothing that can currently be done about them.
The problem persists.

Can you confirm for me, potentially with explanation, whether or not TC Offset will help? My friend was very convinced about it, and if I can save him time by making clear the emulator cannot presently solve the problem, I would definitely like to do so.
I would say it could either remove the artifact, decrease the glitch or worsen everything.

Why don't you try some values?
I forgot to alter the renderer to OpenGL when making my prior post. The issue is NEARLY resolved - the lines no longer look like obvious incongruities, but instead look like barely-there artifacts.

So, the issue doesn't look nearly as bad now. I'll take a screenshot to show such.

Still, my friend wants to try some values too, and I'll be honest, I don't know which values to begin with. The values listed in the emulator do not solve the remaining problem.
Should not even need TC offset with the Round and Align Sprite hacks so set it back to 0 and see if that helps.