Star Ocean 3 works until...
Well, my problem is with the emulation of the game Star Ocean Till the end of Time. I already found out about the triace hack, pressing start at emulation startup(during the black screen), and to use gsdx1.7 on pcsx2 v0.9.6.
Now it works fine(decent speeds, good graphics).
However, once i get to the first battle, which is in the tutorial, the game freezes.
Well, its not really a freeze. The screen announcing a battle appears(like the screen shattering in Final Fantasy X), and it stays. It keeps zooming in on characters. I´ll try to get a screen shot soon(i´m in an internet cafe, without internet at home)

Sponsored links

Decent speed ??? Which is your internal resolution you play ?
Because this game has very slow passages
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 [email protected] + Noctua NH-C12P | Extreme Patriot 2x2Go DDR2-PC8500 | Inno 3D GeForce GTX 260 | WD Raptor 74Go 8Mo
Try with latest snapshot and gsdx.0.1.7 plugin. With vucycle stealing set to moderate can give me boost fps 45fps to 60fps. Just try it.
Try with latest snapshot and gsdx.0.1.7 plugin. With vucycle stealing set to moderate can give me boost fps 45fps to 60fps. Just try it.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(04-25-2009, 03:47 PM)zomurn Wrote: Decent speed ??? Which is your internal resolution you play ?
Because this game has very slow passages
Decent as in not horrible, 25-60fps. Also im not that far in, only till the tutorial
(04-25-2009, 04:03 PM)Register Wrote: Try with latest snapshot and gsdx.0.1.7 plugin. With vucycle stealing set to moderate can give me boost fps 45fps to 60fps. Just try it.
imalready using that gsdx plugin. ill try the vucycle thing. my problem isnt so much the speed though. its the hanging after the first battle.
Try latest beta. I've been playing 40+ hours with no major issues.
(04-25-2009, 04:09 PM)matsuri Wrote: Try latest beta. I've been playing 40+ hours with no major issues.
I tried that, alot better speeds but still wont go into battle.
Dude its either a plugin issue, or the fact that you might have a bad game. What are your pc specs?