Star Ocean Till the End of Time
I've been searching for awhile now but I haven't even been able to find anyone with the same problem even. Anyway, the game starts up just fine and I haven't seen any slow downs. But I can't progress after I meet Pepitta for the first time at the hotel in the beginning of the game. The cut scene will play, finish, and then fade to black but it never unfades. It just stays a black screen. I let it sit there for about 10 minuets before. I'm using version 0.9.8.

Any help or idea are appreciated. And thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Are you by chance using any undub patch for the game? Also, are you using any non default settings for PCSX2 (speed hacks especially?). Are you loading the game from a saved state or a normal memory card save?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-24-2012, 01:09 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are you by chance using any undub patch for the game? Also, are you using any non default settings for PCSX2 (speed hacks especially?). Are you loading the game from a saved state or a normal memory card save?

No, I'm not using the undub patch and I'm just using the default settings. I tried some of the speed hacks to see if it would help but it hasn't. And It's before the first save point. The first few times I was just starting a new game but now I've been using a save state just outside the door to the scene.

Maybe try to re-rip your game with other program at least if you didn't used imgburn which is recommended, not all programs make 100% working ps2 rips(for example often used by people - ultraiso is unable to create a perfect rip of ps2 game and does result in some blackscreens in this game), SO is also oversensitive on cheats, if you used any and some of them are potentially bugging that scene turning them off will obviously help.
I've had the game lock up on me from using cycle steal speedhacks occasionally.
Well at first I thought it might have been because I was running it from the disk so I used imgburn to rip it but still no luck with it. I could get past that part just fine on the console, well I could when I last did it. Now that I think about it, I should try it in a system to rule out the disk.
Since imgburn created the ISO from the disc with no error, it is very unlikely that your problem is that. I guess you already checked for enabled cheats? Try manually enabling the VU add hack game fix and see if that helps. Also make sure you are using SPU2-X for sound and Lilypad for pad plugin...running out of other ideas here Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I had a similar problem on the PS2 console (the real physical PS2 and game). But my problem was in the scene where you have to switch from Disc 1 to Disc 2 same kind of freeze happened couldn't solve it and had to return the game and get another one (that was about 7 years ago).
My first PS2 was HORRIBLE and scratched all my games but one thing that helped with freezing games is to turn on the Disc Diagnosis in the system BIOS. This is on the real console so I have no idea if it would work on pcsx2 but it's worth a try...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU