Star Ocean chests and KH1 speed
pcsx2 version 1.0

Star ocean: every time I open a chest now the time sound chimes, put Fayte doesnt recieve anything and wont stand up. World continues to moves. Ive tried loading from mem and ss but niether works.

KH1 : more a question i quess. Im getting slowdowns during cutscenes. specifically when rikku is on screen in on destiny islands, and after that when sora and kiari are talking after you get her an egg and some fish. It slows down significantly during this scene to 20 fps, then whent he camera moves, up to 60, and then when it moves again back to 20fps and so on. Turning the native resolution down from 4 to regular makes it run at 60fps. However Id like to run it at 3x at least, which runs that scene around 30-40fps. 2x is about 40-50fps.
My settings are x4 native, speedhacks checked, no EE or VU sliders, regular rounding and clamping. interlacing on auto, AA on, Im probebly forgetting some things but im just confused.

thanks in advance for the help
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

For Star Ocean, try disabling all speed hacks, load from memory card and try again
For KH1, your graphics card can't take the load in those scenes, either get a faster gfx card or use less scaling
[Image: newsig.jpg]
thanks bositman, I was thinking that about KH1. Would overclocking the gpu/memory help maybe? im thinking i could get x3 running, anyways.

Star ocean still wont respond to anything. Ive started (fast) and (full) from mem card 1. Ive tried to open a variety of chests. I disabled all speedhacks. Nothing. Sad anyone have other suggestions or just keep trying?
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Yeah overclocking your GPU should help, especially memory.
About SO3, maybe it's a bad ISO image, try remaking it from your disc using imgburn
I would recommend getting a bit more balance with the MSAA and upscaling. Try sticking with x3 (or 1920x1080) with 4x AA.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Imgburn is what i generally use to make images and is what i have used to make so3. After making a new image, the bug still occurs. same errors in the log. Once I actually got the item window to pop up but there was no words in it, just an empty box that wouldn't go away. thanks again for fast replies Bositman!
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Hmm ok next guess, try changing Round mode of both EE and VU to nearest and/or clamping to none, always after loading from a memory card save (not a saved state)
You're welcome Smile
SO3 is very sensitive for cheats, the chest glitch is typical problem of using some of them, there are also others like changing location leading to black screen with minimap on which you cannot do anything to leave it, soo if you use any cheats, disable them completely.
Both slider speedhacks, especially VU cycle stealing will also cause crashes and/or timing issues in the cutscenes, especially the longer ones, soo if you have to use them, save the game often using normal saves(savestates will keep the glitch/crash unless made on pre-cutscene location;P).

And really if you're gpu limited even at x2, forget about higher upscalling HD4850 is pretty weak nowadays, you could try switching ON/OFF "allow 8 bit textures", as that can be as well a speedup or slowdown depending on scene limitation and keeping it universally on or off for all games is just wrong as the difference can be huge in some cases. x3 is over 2 times more demanding than x2 soo OC will not help you much. You could try using FXAA(PageUP toggles it) if you never did before x2 and FXAA looks very nice at many games and is much lighter on the gpu than higher upscalling.
now I get a black screen when i boot the game with these settings. after "Playstation 2" comes up in full boot nothing appears but the emulator is still at 60fps and same situation in fast boot (ss work so I tried loading from one of them but chest issue persists). Then switched the settings to default and the game booted up, loaded from mem card, switched settings of EE and VU rounding and clamping and problem still persists. Sad This is WEIRD!!

i tried this with speedhacks on, then off and also tried using the two images I made from imgburn. nadda
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Go to emulation settings->Game fixes and check the VU Add hack, then try again