Star Wars The Force Unleashed
So I am backing up my uncles PS2 games for him onto his external HDD so that he can emulate them on his PC, since he no longer has a PS2. I went through the compatibility list, and the only game that I saw that has an issue is Star Wars Force Unleashed. It says that it's an in game/gameplay error, and this reddit thread shows that, for this user in particular, it cuts off portions of the screen. Is there a way to patch this or fiddle with the settings or drivers to fix this? 

I did a complete bios dump of my PS2 to use but can editing or excluding or including particular files assist(it's SCPH30001 v4 USA)? Or do any of the plugins have a function that will help to fix this? At the least enough for the game to be playable again.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance  Happy

Sponsored links

Just FYI the legality of someone else using your BIOS(even if legally dumped) is kind of iffy. Technically it would only be legal if he was also in possession of your PS2 while he used it and you also weren't using the BIOS in any way during that time. If you legitimately dumped the BIOS I'm not gonna close the thread on account of that but the other staff may just so you know.

That said have you tried OGL mode in the very latest dev PCSX2?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-04-2016, 07:42 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just FYI the legality of someone else using your BIOS(even if legally dumped) is kind of iffy. Technically it would only be legal if he was also in possession of your PS2 while he used it and you also weren't using the BIOS in any way during that time. If you legitimately dumped the BIOS I'm not gonna close the thread on account of that but the other staff may just so you know.

Since it's between relatives, it's a bit of a grey area...
I know in France, private copy is allowed between relatives. Dunno how it is in UK, though...
Means I won't close it either.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-04-2016, 08:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Since it's between relatives, it's a bit of a grey area...
I know in France, private copy is allowed between relatives. Dunno how it is in UK, though...
Means I won't close it either.
Isn't that only for immediate relatives living at the same location?
(10-04-2016, 07:42 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just FYI the legality of someone else using your BIOS(even if legally dumped) is kind of iffy. Technically it would only be legal if he was also in possession of your PS2 while he used it and you also weren't using the BIOS in any way during that time. If you legitimately dumped the BIOS I'm not gonna close the thread on account of that but the other staff may just so you know.

That said have you tried OGL mode in the very latest dev PCSX2?

Sorry I'm still really fuzzy on how the BIOS could be a big deal, since there has been no where that I seen copyright on it or TOA with the console or anything. I edited that out. I don't mean to incite anything illegal he just had the same model of PlayStation a while ago then he lost it when is ex didn't pay the bill for the storage unit. That's not really anything to do with what I'm trying to figure out right now though. 

That being said, which version is the latest dev version of PCSX2? Cause I have 1.4.0 do I need to go to the GitHub page to get the newest beta, and what should I expect from OGL mode though? 

And thanks for your help, sorry for the rigmarole.
You can get the latest git build here, the top one is the latest: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

You shouldn't need OGL(OpenGL), the issue should be fixed for Direct3D renderers as well. But OpenGL (hardware) is more advanced than Direct3D, so more games will render without or at least with less graphical issues.
(10-04-2016, 02:45 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You can get the latest git build here, the top one is the latest: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

You shouldn't need OGL(OpenGL), the issue should be fixed for Direct3D renderers as well. But OpenGL (hardware) is more advanced than Direct3D, so more games will render without or at least with less graphical issues.

Thank you I'll try all that.