Steam Controller configuration for PCSX2
Hello,

I propose here an example of Steam Controller configuration for PCSX2.

In order to use the Steam controller on PCSX2 you must run PCSX2 through Steam. According to some article on the web the native support of the controller is announced for the kernel 4.3 on Linux (I don't know for Windows).

- Add the game on steam  :

- Pick the PCSX2 bin file :

- You must find on the left PCSX2 with your list of games :

- Modify property of the PCSX2 "game" :
Exemple :
Final Fantasy X
Target : "/sbin/PCSX2" "--fullscreen" "--nogui" "/path/to/final_fantasy_x.iso" (--fullscreen --nogui parameters are optional, it's up to you)
Start in : "/sbin/" (don't change the default value)
Notice that each paths, commands, parameters must be between quotation mark.

- Run the Big Picture mode and select your game :

- Manage shortcut -> Configure controller :

- Gamepad Configuration :

Global :

Left joystick :

Right touchpad (Right joystick) :
For more confort, change "Require click" to OFF in order to use the tactile instead of the click and increase the dead area for the thumb.

- After that you just need to configure PCSX2 with your favourite gamepad plugin :

And it's done !

I hope that can help you.

Sponsored links

If the Steam Controller is mapped just to keys, doesn't that mean you lose the ability for analogue control? Isn't there any way to simulate a standard joystick and map the trackpads to analogue sticks as you can on Windows? It seems it'd be pretty awkward to use if that's not possible.
(11-29-2015, 08:41 AM)roxahris Wrote: 1) If the Steam Controller is mapped just to keys, doesn't that mean you lose the ability for analogue control?
2) Isn't there any way to simulate a standard joystick and map the trackpads to analogue sticks as you can on Windows? It seems it'd be pretty awkward to use if that's not possible.

1) Yes you lose the ability for analogue control.
2) Of course you can emulate the trackpad as mouse (Steam) and emulate mouse as joystick (PCSX2). But, for the moment, when you emulate the mouse as joystick, PCSX2 use the position of the cursor according to the center of the screen for the direction. That means if you scroll on the right and release the thumb of the trackpad, the camera (for exemple) will infinitely turn because the cursor is on the right side of the screen. If you want stop that, you must scroll on the left until the cursor is on the center of the screen. I tried and it was just horrible ...
The Steam Controller isn't supported on Linux and you can't use like others controllers (may be possible on Windows, dunno).

Onepad will maybe later have hacks for this controllers in order to fix this mouse emulation issue.