Steambot Chronicles
(04-25-2015, 12:17 PM)ssakash Wrote: The difference won't be huge but, the 4790K has the highest STP of all the desktop processors so, that would be the best option for pcsx2.

I don't think it will be worth the money though.
@OP You can wait for Intel's next CPU architecture skylake which will be out soon.
But you would need a new mobo for it.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Sponsored links

The skylake architecture favour's efficiency more than performance, it would be better waiting for the canonlake if, he is waiting for better processor. Though, the igpu of skylake was still nice so, that would be a good choice if, he doesn't consider getting a dgpu.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Well I have decided on just trying to overclock it a little and see what happens, I will let you know what happens and if it helped...
So I overclocked the CPU to 4.4Ghz - it still has some slow downs, especially at one point in the beginning where you have to fight the huge blue elephant, however back when it wasn't overclocked I would get around 35fps at the worst angle in that battle, now I get around 45-48, so it was a good jump, still not the best but better. As for houses, it's giving me 60fps so that's perfect, and for other places it is mostly givning me 60fps with some random spikes that only happen for a second or something like that. Of course places that has a huge area can make the game go down to 55fps but it mostly stays at 60fps.
Then, that's probably the best you could achieve right now with your rig.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction