Steambot Chronicles
Now first off, I am running the game mostly in 60FPS except when in a house and sometimes when the distance is too far away. I assume there isn't a fix for that, but I thought I might as well see. It's not really that big of a problem, yet the music slows a little down in these instances, and that's somewhat annoying.

I know this game is hard to get fully playing, even if that is possible, but I thought about getting some insight, so anyone who have had it at 60fps in houses and with greater distances?

Settings:
Emulation Settings -
Safest Preset - Haven't changed anything here, except fit to window screen, but that's about it.

Video Settings -
Direct3D 11 (Software) - I know I can run it in Hardware without issue, well except the glaring glitches and water being all weird.- I don't like the way it looks, which is why I want to leave it at software.

Software Mode Settings -
Extra Rendering Threads 4

Audio Settings -
Xaudio2
Surround 5.1
Catmull-Rom

Plugin -
GSdx32-sse4

PCSX2 1.3.1-20150221161924

PC Specs:
Windows 8.1 64 Bit
16GB Ram
Intel Core I7-4770k 3.50GHz
ATI Radeon HD7990

Sponsored links

If you're running in Software Mode you can use GSDX AVX2 instead of SSE4, it's generally better for SW Mode.

For speedhacks you can try enabling the following:
  • Enable INTC Spin Detection
  • Enable Wait Loop Detection
  • mVU Flag Hack
  • MTVU

These shouldn't cause a lot of problems for you and should be safe to use.
That CPU of yours shouldn't require many (if at all) speedhacks though normally. But try it anyways.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-21-2015, 10:07 PM)Ryudo Wrote: If you're running in Software Mode you can use GSDX AVX2 instead of SSE4, it's generally better for SW Mode.

For speedhacks you can try enabling the following:
  • Enable INTC Spin Detection
  • Enable Wait Loop Detection
  • mVU Flag Hack
  • MTVU

These shouldn't cause a lot of problems for you and should be safe to use.
That CPU of yours shouldn't require many (if at all) speedhacks though normally. But try it anyways.

Well that gave me about 1-2 extra in FPS when in houses, so that did in fact help, still at around 53fps in houses, but still better then before:-)
Please check if mtvu really helps or if it lowers the fps.
Please test as well (including and excluding MTVU) which amount of extra rendering threads yields best results.... (Probably something between 3 and 5 threads)

What are EE% and GS% values during slowdowns?
Config->Video->Plugin settings

Put a check by "Enable HW Hacks" then click configure by that. Put a tick by "Aggressive CRC"

Note how it says in the description for that "Works as a speedhack for: Steambot Chronicles"
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-21-2015, 10:36 PM)willkuer Wrote: Please check if mtvu really helps or if it lowers the fps.
Please test as well (including and excluding MTVU) which amount of extra rendering threads yields best results.... (Probably something between 3 and 5 threads)

What are EE% and GS% values during slowdowns?

MTVU doesn't do much in this game, there is no upside, the game still runs with the same 50-54fps when enabling. Even when setting it on and off, there isn't any difference.

The extra Rendering threads are however another case.

Setting it under 4 threads will make it run around 50fps or less. Usually 50. 4 Threads is around 50-51 in some places. Setting it to 5 will make it go one more frame up, so 52-53 and setting it on 6 will make it run with 53-54 fps. Anything higher doesn't make the game any faster.

This test was done at the beginning of the game, right after having talked to Basil and going down to speak to Basil, Coriander, and Marjoram.

EE is around 80% and GS is around 80-90%

(02-21-2015, 10:41 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Config->Video->Plugin settings

Put a check by "Enable HW Hacks" then click configure by that. Put a tick by "Aggressive CRC"

Note how it says in the description for that "Works as a speedhack for: Steambot Chronicles"

This is run in Software Mode, that option doesn't exist in Software Mode... I can play the game fully in hardware mode, yet I don't like the glithces and weird ways the game looks...
Please try what I said. It should get you to full speed easily.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-21-2015, 10:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Please try what I said. It should get you to full speed easily.

Please read what I wrote again, I am running the game in Software Mode, HW is only available in Hardware Mode. I can play the game without slowdowns in Hardware Mode, but since the graphics are not right, I don't want to, and I have tried enabling HW Checks, it doesn't do anything for me...
I did read what you said, it still should apply. Aggressive CRC should remove those broken effects and glitches you are talking about as well. It used to.
Do you use AA in software mode?
Maybe frame skip can help.