Steambot Chronicles impossible to play in hardware mode
Out of all the games I have played through the emulator this one takes the cake for not being playable in hardware mode. I can run SoTC over 200x better than Steambot Chronicles. Steambot CHronicles runs as like .12fps on 4x and like 3fps on 2x. I never found a game that ran this poorly on HW mode. This game sure takes the cake. One would need like a 980 to run the game at 4x fine. Hell even then I'm not so sure if it would hit full playing speeds. Considering a 980 is like 200% more powerful than my card is. This game takes the cake for the most demanding for resources. It dwarfs all others in comparison to this. I can however play the game just fine in software mode.

specs
I5 3570 4.2ghz
2GB 6950
8GB DDR3
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Go to hardware hacks in GSdx. Enable Aggressive CRC(note how it says: "Works as a speedhack for: Steambot Chronicles"). Enable HW hacks too of course.

Then see how it does.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well that was a miracle saver but its still really intensive. Its unplayable at 4x to me with my GPU. I have go to go down to 3x. I also have all speed hacks enabled as well. I still think its more intensive than SoTC. I also get massive sudden drops in fps as well quite often. Its kind of annoying but its a lot better off than without enabling that hack.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3