FAQ: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Windows 7 & 8 Fix
A lot of people are having trouble with Windows 7 and 8 with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll being missing error, so I thought it was about time I made a thread saying how to fix it.

Simply put the Universal CRT stuff is designed for windows 10 and is not available with Windows 7 or 8 as standard, so follow these steps and it should work.

1. Uninstall the Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable (x86)
2. Do your Windows Updates! Make sure you get everything you can, even optional stuff (you can ignore things like Silverlight, but any of the KB's, get them), you will need to get Service Pack 1 at least.
3. Check if you have KB2999226 installed through the Programs and Features section of the control panel, you might need to tick "show updates"
4. If you don't have it, you can get it from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2999226 just download the appropriate one for your OS. If you have the 64bit version of windows, get the x64 version.
5. Reboot, and then reinstall the Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable (x86), you do not need the x64 version.
6. Profit! The emulator should now work Smile

I hope this helps people having this problem.

I'll leave this stickied for the moment, but later we can move it to just be in the FAQ, if it helps Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

it's work .. thank you

i tested on windows 7 x86 and windows 8 x64 it work great Laugh
Glad to help Smile Seems to be a common issue!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Here is all in one Package that install all the VC +++ end users will ever need

All In One Installer

your looking for
Visual C++ Redist Installer vXX

This is updated by author when new version's are foundĀ  Been using it years this is one the first things I install when doing a new OS installs

I also use
Easy Ngen (.NET Framework) Runner v4.7z

after installing the Redist

this has also been in sig for years too
(10-15-2016, 02:15 AM)refraction Wrote: A lot of people are having trouble with Windows 7 and 8 with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll being missing error, so I thought it was about time I made a thread saying how to fix it.

Simply put the Universal CRT stuff is designed for windows 10 and is not available with Windows 7 or 8 as standard, so follow these steps and it should work.

1. Uninstall the Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable (x86)
2. Do your Windows Updates! Make sure you get everything you can, even optional stuff (you can ignore things like Silverlight, but any of the KB's, get them), you will need to get Service Pack 1 at least.
3. Check if you have KB2999226 installed through the Programs and Features section of the control panel, you might need to tick "show updates"
4. If you don't have it, you can get it from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2999226 just download the appropriate one for your OS. If you have the 64bit version of windows, get the x64 version.
5. Reboot, and then reinstall the Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable (x86), you do not need the x64 version.
6. Profit! The emulator should now work Smile

I hope this helps people having this problem.

I'll leave this stickied for the moment, but later we can move it to just be in the FAQ, if it helps Tongue
the error message i see says VCRUNTIME140.dll not found. what do i do?
Now it gives api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-6.dll error. I think windows 10 is a must.
(01-06-2023, 04:44 PM)fat2019 Wrote: Now it gives api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-6.dll error. I think windows 10 is a must.

Unless you're using 1.6, yes. nightlies aren't compatible with win7, win8 and win8.1
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-06-2023, 05:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Unless you're using 1.6, yes. nightlies aren't compatible with win7, win8 and win8.1

Thanks.