Read first: @How to submit your testing results
Welcome to the public compatibility list. After some thinking and listening to our users, we decided to give you the ability to help modify our compatibility list with your findings and testing!

How it works:

Each thread in this forum is dedicated for a game. Users cannot create new threads, but you can request for a new game thread HERE, after providing the details needed.

The first post of each thread is where the data is extracted from for the list. These posts will only be edited by staff members.

How you can contribute:

Step 1 - Find your game

Search the forum for your game at the bottom right corner as in the picture below:

If you did not find your game, make a request for a new thread HERE

Step 2 - Test your game and post your report

Make sure you use a version same or newer than the one noted in the first post of the thread. Here is the report template:

To keep results clean, consistent and to provide as much information as possible about your tests, please use this example code below. Obviously if you are using different computer specs, emulator versions/revisions of the plugins/emulator, please modify it to match. i would recommend saving it as a text file somewhere on your computer.

EXAMPLE:

Code:
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i6-6600K @ 4.7GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.4.0 - Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: Europe v01.70(27/02/2003) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings: OpenGL Hardware, 4x Native, High Blending Accuracy, Bilinear (PS2Texture Filtering.

GSdx HW Hacks: Half-Pixel Offset (Special-Texture)

Speedhacks Used:

N/A

Gamefixes Used:

SkipMpeg, EE Timing Fix

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Seems to play fine, FPS sits around 40fps. Game freezes on menu video unless the SkipMPEG fix is used.
Graphics garbled unless you use the EE Timing Fix.

Bugs:

Slight SPS from some characters, but nothing game breaking.

[b]Status[/b]
[b][color=#33cc33]Playable[/color][/b]

Amount of time tested is represented as such:

little: few minutes at most
medium: about an hour
much: few hours
completed: played from start to finish

Other available statuses
Code:
[b][color=#cc33ff]Perfect[/color][/b]

[b][color=#33cc33]Playable[/color][/b]

[b][color=#3399ff]Ingame[/color][/b]

[b][color=#ffcc33]Menus[/color][/b]

[b][color=#ff9933]Intro[/color][/b]

[b][color=#f0000]Nothing[/color][/b]

Perfect: You can play the game from beginning to end without speed issues (on a general level, regardless of the user's hardware) or graphical issues on either SW or HW in OpenGL or DirectX11 (only 1 renderer needs to be free of issues). Also note that GPU driver deficiencies such as that of AMD and OpenGL do not disqualify a game from falling into the "Perfect" category.

Playable: You can get from new game to end credits (regardless of speed)

Ingame: You can reach ingame but serious bugs make the game unplayable or impossible to complete.

Menus: You can reach the game's initial menus but nothing happens after that.

Intro: You can only reach some images before the game's menu.

Nothing: Black screen

So your final post should look like this:

Quote:PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i6-6600K @ 4.7GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.4.0- Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: Europe v01.70(27/02/2003) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings: OpenGL Hardware, 4x Native, High Blending Accuracy, Bilinear (PS2) Texture Filtering.

GSdx HW Hacks: Half-Pixel Offset (Special-Texture)

Speedhacks Used:

N/A

Gamefixes Used:

SkipMpeg, EE Timing Fix

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Seems to play fine, FPS sits around 40fps. Game freezes on menu video unless the SkipMPEG fix is used.

Bugs:

Slight SPS (spikey-polygon syndrome) from some characters, but nothing game breaking.

Status
Playable

Optional: Include a nice screenshot of the game running with PCSX2 Smile

Step 3 - Accepting your report

If your report is complete and looks credible, a staff member will update the first post of the thread with your findings to change the compatibility list entry Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

the 1st post Wrote:Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Bugs:

Slight SPS from some characters, but nothing game breaking.

Status
Playable

You would change medium to completed there. If user is submitting a report of Playable game, the "Amount of testing done" MUST be "completed", one played from start to finish to witness a game is Playable.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Nope that's not how we'll do it. We haven't completed 1700 games Tongue Check this thread for more info: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ingame-vs...ble-status
[Image: newsig.jpg]
a few testers doing tests on 1700 games is one thing. 1700 testers on 1 game each is a whole different story.

I agree completely with pcsx2fan on this one

let's average 30 hours for a game (long, but I'm counting in RPGs which are usually much longer)

5100 hours or 213 days (this would be more like 2-3 years, but in play time 213 days) if ONE person is doing it.

a single person could belt out a game in a few weeks playing 4-5 hours a day. there's no excuses to not play through completely for a publicly made and maintained list
(08-10-2012, 01:33 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: You would change medium to completed there. If user is submitting a report of Playable game, the "Amount of testing done" MUST be "completed", one played from start to finish to witness a game is Playable.

I agree somewhat with pcsx2fan...

I rather woud want to see an complete history Tongue rather then just a boot and shutdown side of story ..

Like some one else just did mentioned, imagine to have played a game for countless hours just to find out that at the point where you are about to finish the game it is totaly broken and you are getting stuck there Sad !!!

Thats a gamer WURST NIGHTMARE ... trust me did happend a few times to me (corrupt game save, heat... read error and so on !!!)

So, there are so many causes as to why you cant move on in a game.. so on that note i rather woud like to know aswell if pcsx2 is capable to complete a certain game...

But HONESTLY, thats not the job/task of people that already spent hours and hours creating this already fine piece of software agreed...

It's rather up to us ... the ones who use it freely to post back the gameplay results here so everyboddy benefits from it .. Rolleyes

cherrieppoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
We need to update the template to require several GSdx details like the renderer the tester used to be mentioned, or even all GSdx settings. We do ask for Emulation Settings details, but not GSdx, even though it can often be essential to really appreciate some of the performance notes and bugs that are reported.
I modernized the template a little bit, and added some mention of GSdx settings/HW hacks as FlatOut requested. Hopefully this will lead to better reports in the future. Smile
Quote:Amount of time tested is represented as such:

medium: about an hour
much: few hours
We should update this list.
Much is now a few hours. This can be much for a short action game, but it's very little for a 40+ hours RPG(similar issue applies to medium).

I suggest we change it to something like this:

some: played through at least 25% of the game
half: played through at least 50% of the game
most: played through at least 75% of the game
Users would have to estimate from the users perspective of course, most games don't give you a "completion amount" statistic and most users don't know how far in to a game they are. The lines become even more blurred with arcade style games.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(02-11-2018, 03:27 PM)refraction Wrote: Users would have to estimate from the users perspective of course, most games don't give you a "completion amount" statistic and most users don't know how far in to a game they are. The lines become even more blurred with arcade style games.
Most games actually do give you some way of telling how far you are in a game by either showing a list of all events/episodes(you will have to be able to count), hours played(there are websites with average finish times to judge how far that is compared to other gamers) or actual percentage statistics.

But I agree there will be gamers that have no clue or games that don't share any data, so we could use another option like
n hours (estimated/exact): replace n with the estimated or exact(from in-game clock) hours that you've played the game, an estimated range like 1-2, 10-15 hours is also allowed.