Joined: Nov 2008
How to use this forum, read BEFORE posting!
What is this forum for?
This forum is a place where you can report bugs and comments on PCSX2. We accept bug reports for the following:
-Latest official release (currently 1.2.1)
-Latest beta/SVN release
-This forum is meant to be SPECIFICALLY
an aid to the coders, NOT to the users. As such, it is strictly regulated. Any and all off topics threads will be closed and moved.
-If you are found posting useless/incomplete bug reports or known issues you WILL be warned.
-For help, general comments, framerate problems
, feature requests, or just about anything else, use the General Discussion forum
Now, on to the correct way to use this forum.
What qualifies as a bug
How to make a proper bug report
- Bugs are things that do not work correctly in the emulation process. Like, incorrect calculations, missing videos, broken memcard support, crashes and the like.
- Speed issues are usually NOT a bug, unless the fluctuation is extreme (speed drops from 60 FPS to 30 FPS do not count as significant -- speed drops from 60 FPS to 4 FPS are considered significant).
- Bugs caused by using speed hacks do NOT interest us and you should NEVER post reports with hacks on.
- We are only interested in PCSX2 bugs in this forum. So if changing the GS plugin fixes the bug, or using Software mode of GSdx fixes it, report it in the GS plugin thread. We do NOT care about GS plugin bugs here. Report GSdx bugs here and ZZOgl bugs here
- Make sure the bug is valid. Read the above section about what qualifies as a bug. If it does, make sure you can reproduce it! Bugs that only occurred once do NOT qualify as valid. Restart your PC, try the game again and see if the bug persists.
- Search the Closed/Resolved Bug Reports forum first! If a thread already exists there, see if the proposed solutions fix your bug.
- Search the bug report forum! We only want ONE thread for each game's region (example: one thread for Disgaea [PAL] and one for Disgaea [NTSC] )
- Make SURE hacks are OFF! Reporting bugs with hacks on is a waste of our time and you will be warned for it.
- After you have done these, create a new topic (or a new reply if a topic exists) with the following information (IMPORTANT):
- Thread title: [Bug Report]Game title [Game Region]
- #PCSX2 version: All PCSX2 versions you tested the game with. The more tests the easier it is to fix the bug! Always test the latest SVN build first! Get it here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
- #Emulation options: The options you use in Config->Emulation settings->EE/IOP and Config->Emulation settings->VUs
- #Plugins Used: Test both GSdx hardware/software mode or the bug report is invalid.
- #Description of the bug and of how to replicate it
- If necessary, attach a screenshot and/or a memcard to help us replicate the bug
- Here's a real example (no memcards or screenshots since it doesn't boot at all):
Quote:[Bug Report] Samurai Warriors 2 [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: Official v1.0.0 release
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign)
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5334 (hardware and software, dx10), SPU2-X v2 rev 5324
# Description: 'True Musou' attacks make the emulator get stuck on a black screen, making the game unplayable after you get the 'Awakening 2' skill with any player or use a musou attack when near death.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 03:16 PM by Bositman.)
|12-01-2008 04:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2009
RE: How to use this forum, read BEFORE posting!
Are we allowed to report newer versions of 1888?
|10-28-2009 01:31 PM