Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
X-men Legends needs more CPU power, the "EE cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhacks should help with that but making it choppy in many places.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(01-17-2011, 12:47 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: X-men Legends needs more CPU power, the "EE cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhacks should help with that but making it choppy in many places.

Thanks that does help. Smile
Do I generally have to tweak the settings for each different game?
Or this is just one of those titles that requires them?

You have a PC that is slow compared to the recommended, so yes you'll have to tweak a lot depending on the game.
Ahh okay, I didn't read the recommended requirement part. Tongue
I suppose the emulator requires more processor speed than more cores.

I know there are some games which are not working well with overclocked CPU. Will it be the case with this emulator?

edit: I just realized from your signature that your CPU is overclocked. I suppose it's not a problem then?
OK, most of this technology is way over my head so i'm not sure if you need all this, but...

Processer: Intel Core I7 740QM 1.73 GHz (apparently with a choice of 2 or 4 "cores" and a max speed of 2.93 GHz)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
6GB Installed RAM (RAM type is "DDR3")
640GB Hard Drive

If there's anything i need to know, could you try to keep it simple for me?

TIA

Hey guys. So I asked a few weeks back about my setup and was told I needed a graphics card upgrade. My specs are now:

Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz
4 gigs RAM
GeForce GTX 460

and I can't figure out why I've barely noticed any difference. I mean, I know my CPU is somewhat slow, but shouldn't I still be able to run FFX smoothly, as opposed to framerates sometimes dropping to the mid 40s? And this is on native resolution, too.

Any help would be awesome.
(01-20-2011, 01:43 AM)Porkins1138 Wrote: Hey guys. So I asked a few weeks back about my setup and was told I needed a graphics card upgrade. My specs are now:

Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz
4 gigs RAM
GeForce GTX 460

and I can't figure out why I've barely noticed any difference. I mean, I know my CPU is somewhat slow, but shouldn't I still be able to run FFX smoothly, as opposed to framerates sometimes dropping to the mid 40s? And this is on native resolution, too.

Any help would be awesome.
Probably your settings of PCSX2 are set to use graphics acceleration by software, meaning it will use your CPU, even if you have a great graphic card.

Maybe if your RAM is fast, your new graphic card's memory may not be as fast. It's hard to explain. But if your graphic card has GDDR3, it should be better than DDR2 but worst than DDR3 from the system memory (for example).

It's hard to advise someone about what hardware needs via chat..... xD
I greatly surpass all of the requirements as far as I can tell, but for some reason most games I rip from my collection run at about 33 fps (except Kingdom Hearts II and the .Hack series (mutation, quarantine, etc)). I'm using an Asus G73J-H laptop, specs are i7 1.60Ghz (quad core), Mobility Radeon 5670 with 1 Gig of VRAM, 8 Gigs of RAM, so..is that just the best the emulator can do or am I doing something wrong?
If you check the first post in this thread, the recommended CPU list has i5/i7 2.66GHz+, you have a 1.6GHz so that's not "greatly surpass all of the requirements".

What game are you trying to run?
(01-23-2011, 06:41 AM)Codemeister1990 Wrote: I greatly surpass all of the requirements as far as I can tell, but for some reason most games I rip from my collection run at about 33 fps (except Kingdom Hearts II and the .Hack series (mutation, quarantine, etc)). I'm using an Asus G73J-H laptop, specs are i7 1.60Ghz (quad core), Mobility Radeon 5670 with 1 Gig of VRAM, 8 Gigs of RAM, so..is that just the best the emulator can do or am I doing something wrong?

PCSX2 isn't coded to use 4 cores, so even if you have 4, it will only use 2.
So for PCSX2 you have 2 cores at 1.60 GHz. (either way an i7 has a huge amount of cache, so it is still much faster than others processors).
Your graphic card is excellent and it should work perfectly for this emulator.

Aparently not a problem of hardware, maybe PCSX2 is still not fully playable in those games you are trying to play.
Have you checked that in the list ?