Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Here's the deal with Hyper-threading--
You're gonna have to try it yourself.
I can't tell you it's going to help,
just that I've seen it happen before.

You also should only really consider it if a game is running unusually slow,
or maybe the FPS is a bit too unreasonably sporadic,
especially when sitting at the same scene.

The extra threads are really only helpful if utilized with a software renderer.
MTVU only uses a 3rd core,
so Hyper-threading only helps a dual core there.

Disabling Hyper-threading definitely will reduce running temps,
but it shouldn't be necessary in most cases.

Like in a case when you have a legitimate bottleneck elsewhere.
If your GPU is at all powerful,
and you know you are not over-doing the internal resolution,
then your bottleneck is most usually your processor.

On a side note:
Enthusiast processors certainly are made to be overclocked.

Sponsored links

I know that, but I've never had the feeling I needed to overclock it, and I'm waiting for the warranty to come at its end ! (9 months)
Well thanks for your answers, I guess I'll just turn off HT when I play PCSX2 and see if it gets better Smile
Never had the feeling you needed to overclock?

PCSX2 can fix that. Wink
(06-07-2012, 01:56 AM)Rezard Wrote: Never had the feeling you needed to overclock?

PCSX2 can fix that. Wink

1+ i only OCed for PCSX2 i never wanted the extra performance i know my green HDD is the bottleneck
is the problem
and if i ever want faster response i need to upgrade it ...

(06-05-2012, 05:51 PM)Rezard Wrote: Here's the deal with Hyper-threading--
You're gonna have to try it yourself.
I can't tell you it's going to help,
just that I've seen it happen before.

You also should only really consider it if a game is running unusually slow,
or maybe the FPS is a bit too unreasonably sporadic,
especially when sitting at the same scene.

The extra threads are really only helpful if utilized with a software renderer.
MTVU only uses a 3rd core,
so Hyper-threading only helps a dual core there.

Disabling Hyper-threading definitely will reduce running temps,
but it shouldn't be necessary in most cases.

Like in a case when you have a legitimate bottleneck elsewhere.
If your GPU is at all powerful,
and you know you are not over-doing the internal resolution,
then your bottleneck is most usually your processor.

On a side note:
Enthusiast processors certainly are made to be overclocked.

well i am thinking once i finish exams i will make a benchmarks about HT's effect on PCSX2 and do averagely detailed and accurate testing Smile
well i will be bored and i have the whole summer ...

but if this thing ( HT effect ) is "CPU vary" then this whole thing could be useless Sad
should i do it ?

(06-03-2012, 07:08 PM)darksora269 Wrote: What exactly do you mean low to mid-demanding games? My computer seems to be one of the best out of most of the signatures I've seen. Not to sound like I've a big eco or anything.
I'll check out other threads about this kind of stuff and see if I can get some help with it.

I also understand that Emulators are semi-demanding.

well what he meant the your CPU clock is the problem when you play native PC games it is great but 3,7 GHz and AMD just means stick to average-high demand games

however PCSX2 have grown a lot better now a day you can use MTVU and get ~25% improvement in performance most of the time
not to mention all the optimization so what you don't have SSE4 too bad you cant play the 15% demanding games
( out of playable game )@ full speed

having an AMD is not bad or wrong it is just a matter of preference Smile

"semi" now this is where i disagree an emulator is kind like a video player you can't tell that your PC rocks just because he can run a 240p video @ decent frames it all counts on what that emulator is trying to emulate and what are you using it for

and @ jesalvein :

i think you are a bit misjudging that CPU it is clocked @ 3.7GHz you know Wink
How slow is your green HDD for it to be a bottleneck to overclocks? AFAIK drive speeds mostly effect loading times, not real time FPS, would appreciate an explanation =)
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
hello guys, I have a Intel G620, GT 430, and 8GB ram. I tried playing MGS3 but it lags so bad. I see it jump from 30.1 to 60.6 FPS but it is still very slow. I also tried budokai 3, and persona 3 but it is still very slow. I have the latest drivers. Any thoughts on this?
Yes.
Create your own thread.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-08-2012, 05:01 AM)thatguy1234 Wrote: hello guys, I have a Intel G620, GT 430, and 8GB ram. I tried playing MGS3 but it lags so bad. I see it jump from 30.1 to 60.6 FPS but it is still very slow. I also tried budokai 3, and persona 3 but it is still very slow. I have the latest drivers. Any thoughts on this?

MGS3 is a very demanding game to emulate via PCSX2, it requires a powerful and overclocked CPU to achieve 60fps during gameplay, your G620 CPU is decent, but I don't think any processor right now (at least mainstream ones) can achieve consistent 60fps during cutscenes even when overclocked. My old i7 930 @ 4ghz gave FPS as low as 20s during MGS3 cutscenes, I gave up on it once MGS HD collection was announced (I'm a HUGE MGS fan, it's my fav all time game series).

Other than trying some gamehacks which I doubt would help much, you can't expect to play MGS3 smoothly, it's too demanding. Overclocking isn't possible with your CPU so you can't try that route as well.

As for the other games, I don't have any experience with those, but try to play them first in native resolution if you're not doing that already to know whether you're being GPU bottlenecked or those games are very CPU hungry like MGS3.
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
(06-07-2012, 11:25 PM)MetallicA Wrote: How slow is your green HDD for it to be a bottleneck to overclocks? AFAIK drive speeds mostly effect loading times, not real time FPS, would appreciate an explanation =)

like you OC to increase performance well i didn't need it because more processing power wasn't useful for me most of the time only for PCSX2 like increase my clock more than a GHz then i boot up and say "hey this wasn't useful my daily not gaming job didn't get improved a bit in fact a bit slower because it isn't 100% stable" and then i look like an idiot ...

well like every HDD green user i have this problem boot up too slow application takes hell to execute and last and least everything is so sleepy Tongue

now with PS2 ISO it's OK although it is terrible but later on ( 5-10 years ) with PS3 blurays i will be doomed ! Sad
hi,im new here....can my pc play ffx on pcsx2 flawlessly on 2x native res....my pc is a hp dm4 entertainment notebook with radeon 7470m graphic card,my processor is an i5 and my ram is 4gb......im running on an window 7 64 bit os...