Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Without even knowing the exact model of your i5,
I can tell you will probably have no trouble with FFX there.

The 2x native resolution would be a problem.

The Radeon 7470m is a low-end graphics unit.
Even if it would happen to be a GDDR5 unit,
it would still see some slowdowns from heavier scenes in FFX at native.

You'll probably have to use a lower internal resolution.
And if your GPU is only a DDR3 unit (most likely),
you'll definitely be better off that way. Smile

Sponsored links

(06-08-2012, 06:06 AM)MetallicA Wrote: MGS3 is a very demanding game to emulate via PCSX2, it requires a powerful and overclocked CPU to achieve 60fps during gameplay, your G620 CPU is decent, but I don't think any processor right now (at least mainstream ones) can achieve consistent 60fps during cutscenes even when overclocked.

Out of curiosity i checked the fps i get while running MTG3 on my rig (i7 2600K 3.40Ghz - no overclocking - hyperthreading on, ASUS HD7870, 8GB G.Skill 1600, Win 7 64bit, DX11, 3x internal rendering - all other emu settings at default).

I get a constant 60fps during gameplay at 1024x768. During the intro cutscene it drops to 55fps just when Snake jumps out of the plane and then again when he is passing through the trees before he lands.

I don't know if you need a faster CPU or an even faster GPU. I get a constant 60fps in Grand Tourismo 4 (even when many cars are visible) with DX11, but it drops to 45-55fps in a similar situation if i use DX9.
Hello so i have been having a big problem for with PCSX2 emulator is that i really wana finish the Final Fantasy X game and i have a scratched disc means i cant finish it so i found out about this program called PCSX2 emulator my problem is low fps like during battles 38-41 fps sometimes when free running like 38 fps and its really really laggy cant play like this so if you could help me il be really thankful
My PC specs:
AMD Athlon™ II X2 255 3.10GHZ
2 GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 5570
Hello, these are the specs of my pc, could you tell me please if pcsx2 will run smooth or not? i've a particular interest in jrpg in general, thanks Smile

Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80 GHz(overclocked)
4GB
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6870

Windows 7 64bit
most games will run @ full speed, yes.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-10-2012, 01:33 AM)GeoMan Wrote: Out of curiosity i checked the fps i get while running MTG3 on my rig (i7 2600K 3.40Ghz - no overclocking - hyperthreading on, ASUS HD7870, 8GB G.Skill 1600, Win 7 64bit, DX11, 3x internal rendering - all other emu settings at default).

I get a constant 60fps during gameplay at 1024x768. During the intro cutscene it drops to 55fps just when Snake jumps out of the plane and then again when he is passing through the trees before he lands.

I don't know if you need a faster CPU or an even faster GPU. I get a constant 60fps in Grand Tourismo 4 (even when many cars are visible) with DX11, but it drops to 45-55fps in a similar situation if i use DX9.

I don't remember the FPS for that particular intro scene, but I played through the game till I reached The End on his wheelchair in the warehouse and up that point there were definitely some scenes that would give very low FPS in the 30s, I doubt I was GPU bottlenecked because my 6970 lightning was doing just fine.
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
My game is running smoothly but my game gets a black screen after yuna perfomed her first sending in Kilika and when Tidus snores it then makes a black screen in the backrgound i can hear the water
(06-10-2012, 10:49 PM)Invincible Wrote: My game is running smoothly but my game gets a black screen after yuna perfomed her first sending in Kilika and when Tidus snores it then makes a black screen in the backrgound i can hear the water

This is not a support thread.
Moreover, this crash has been discussed many times.

Please use the search button
Just popping in to see if my computer (laptop) can run this fairly well.

ASUS laptop
Specs: Intel i7 Quad core 2.4GHz (intel boosts to about 3.0-3.2, even more overclocked)
Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia GT540m 1GB (Dedicated)
Intel HD 3000 (When doing other tasks, has 2 graphics cards built in)
4GB RAM

Example of current games I play (not sure if this helps but I'll list a few anyways?)
Skyrim (Everything on high 60 FPS) Black Ops (High 50 FPS) BFBC2 (Mid/High mix 60 FPS) Left 4 Dead 2 (60 FPS Max) Amnesia (Maxed 60 FPS) and Dead Island (High/Max 60 FPS) Sorry I donno if that info helps at all.

I'm mostly interesting in just playing .Hack games and maybe Final Fantasy.
Thank you!
Will be ok for final fantasy with latest svn & mtvu hack
You will need a few speed hacks for .hack series.
Of course, 2.4ghz is a bit weak for pcsx2, so as long as you dont try too intensive games, that should be ok.