Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(06-23-2012, 04:47 PM)sklnner Wrote: hi all, im willing to try pcsx2 out bcz i see it has come a long way since i first read about it and im very glad about thatSmile
i 've been meaning to ask how many cores it is able to utilize and whether it's running on x64 or x32?
thank you

It works on 3 cores if you're using latest svns with MTVU hack enabled
And it runs on both x86/x64
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Is it better to use the MTVU hack or not though? i.e are there any common issues when using the MTVU hack since PCSX2 was originally designed to utilize 2 cores only?
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
It can potentially cause problems with saved states and some games don't work with it (but they are like 10 known or so)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Now that was a fast reply lol! Thanks!
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
(06-23-2012, 04:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It works on 3 cores if you're using latest svns with MTVU hack enabled
And it runs on both x86/x64
so it's still 3 Sad
anyway maybe 3 is enough, a trial should tell
ok thnx for the reply
Will it work on mine?
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core
Graphics card: SIS M672 FX + SIS 968, SIS 307 ELV
Memory: 4GB
... if it doesn't, well, i guess I threw my birthday present away...
Should I OC my CPU?

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition 3.0ghz
Geforce 560ti
4GB Ram

I keep seeing people with all these low end graphic cards playing ps2 games at full speeds but with some pretty high ass CPU like i5's and i7's.

Is pcsx2 really that CPU demanding? Some games I can run at full speeds like KH2, FFX, and Dragon Ball. Then there are games I can't run but seen people playing with 60 Frames like Metal Gear, Rogue Galaxy, and Ratchet&Clank. Well maybe not Metal Gear.

I even have speedhacks activated.
PCSX2 is both very CPU intensive and loves Intel CPUs, unfortunately you've got an AMD CPU which you can't do that much beyond enabling the MTVU hack (enables utilization of 3 cores).

A powerful mid/high GPU is only needed when using very high internal resolutions via GSdx, otherwise most decent low end GPUs would do a great job.
laptop with

Microprocessor: AMD E-450 APU (dual core) 1.65 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6320

should i even try?
You should try, but just for the lols Tongue Seriously now, you could get some 2D games working well but that's about it I'm afraid
[Image: newsig.jpg]