Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
yeah you going to need to upgrade to a faster cpu.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Okay thanks yea I just figured that out. I re-downloaded PSCX2 and tried running Gran Turismo 3/4 and the second it tried to render a car my FPS dropped like crazy.
Yeah, your graphics card is plenty for pcsx2 though. Along with pc games.
Oemenia,Nobbs66,Rezard and Blyss Sarania I saw your replies and I didn't really understand much as I am a noob when it comes to computer hardware Laugh I think Rezard is mentioning i7 4702mq 2.2 ghz as a slow processor for pcsx2 on the other hand nobbs66 is mentioning it as great one for pcsx2...
I am a bit confused...
Sorry for asking it again Laugh r u guys recommending it for pcsx2? (Don't mind plz)
can it get 60fps easily?

Oemenia u have i7 4702mq...How is ur experience so far with it? Is Pcsx2 working at full speed with it?

Thanks Nobbs66 for the guidence so far...
Waiting for replies from everyone...
Based on that cpu's single threaded benchmark score it is just under my i5 4440 which is running every ps2 game I own at full or near full speed.
(04-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Rezard Wrote: Frequencies of a relative rate and architecture would not vary in performance from desktop to mobile.

Are you saying that a 2.5Ghz mobile i3 has the same performance as a 2.5Ghz desktop i3?

Because that's not true.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I won't ask if PCSX2 will run "fast" on my laptop, but instead, I'll ask about which games could perform at full-speed at near-PS2 graphic settings (no bells & whistles necessary).

Intel i7 Processor 3537U @ 2.4GHz - I understand that this is a bottleneck, and that's OK. I'm not looking to run God of War here.

AMD Radeon HD 8750M 2 GB gDDR3 - Not as much of a bottleneck, but not a spectacular card by any means. I'd say it's probably near the 640m in performance.

8GB DDR3
128GB SSD

So, anyways... I know games like Disgaea will work properly, how about more RPGs?

Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Ar Tonelico, various other RPGs I would be interested in. Radiata Stories, stuff like that.

No need to lecture about bottlenecks on U CPUs and all that, I understand perfectly. I'm just wondering what games I could bring along on my next business trip (I need to pack light, so my ultrabook & a couple PS2 discs with a PS4 controller wouldn't be too much of a pain).

Thanks!
better open your own thread for this kind of question.
this way, you'll be able to list the games you own, and we could answer as precisely as possible.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Alright here we go

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

Intel Core i7@ 1.7ghz

All I reeeeally want to play is Tokyo Extreme Racer 3, and my FPS is sitting at about 20fps, I know I don't have the best system but I sure did look through that sticky config guide on the forum

thanks
I don't think that's gonna cut it. Turning your power plan to performance and making sure you are plugged in is the best you can do. Also set EE speedhack to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 1 or 2. Maybe try MTVU. For further questions though it would be best to make a separate thread.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD