Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Yes, you are correct, 3xIR in PS2 games is already higher than 1080p. The reason you would want to go higher would be for a slight bump in visual quality due to down-sampling. Past 4x it really just turns into diminishing returns though. If your computer can push higher than 4x, I would recommend bumping up your AA and keeping the IR at 4x. For me it's really hard to even see the difference between 0xAA and 16xAA so I just run at 4xIR and 0xAA lol

Congrats on the purchase though. I hope you have fun gaming on it. Laugh
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

(10-30-2014, 06:03 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: i7-3820? What happened to the i7-4820k you were looking at? Ivy Bridge-E chips perform better than Sandy Bridge-E chips. Since you don't want to overclock though, I would say give the E5-1620 V2 a shot, it runs on the same Ivy Bridge-E architecture and has the same clock speed as the i7-4820K, so logic would dictate that it performs the same. So yeah, an Ivy Bridge-E might be good enough to play Champions: Return to Arms...it'll certainly perform better in that game than the i7-3820, I can tell you that for a fact. Another thing you could try would be to mess with PCSX2's speedhacks to see if you can get the game to run well on your current CPU.

Glad to hear you can finally play the games you wanted though. Cheers bro, and game on!

Yea i didn't get the E5-1620 V2 but with the speedhack to 2 , I was able to play champions : return to arms pretty well :3
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
Cool man, glad to hear it. Congrats on the build Laugh BTW, what speedhack did you turn to '2'? EE Cyclerate or VU Cycle Stealing?

On-topic: Are you getting full speed on Champions: Return to Arms with the speedhack on that i7-3820?
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
One last Question (and i really hope this isn't offtopic):
Since the i7 is a ntive 4 core with hyperthreading, i know i can turn on a third thread by enabling mtvu (which seems to be a good idea for most games, there was a list somewhere >.< need to find that again), is there a way to use the 4th core as well?
Here's the list of games that don't play well with MTVU:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Games-that-may-not-work-well-with-MTVU

Also you can use a fourth core in Software Mode. Go to 'Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings' and then all the way at the bottom you'll see 'Software Mode settings'. There you can add extra rendering threads to make software mode faster. I probably wouldn't go past 3 but since you have 8 threads you might be able to go higher without it being detrimental to your system. I'll let someone else weigh in on that.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(10-31-2014, 06:52 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Cool man, glad to hear it. Congrats on the build Laugh BTW, what speedhack did you turn to '2'? EE Cyclerate or VU Cycle Stealing?

On-topic: Are you getting full speed on Champions: Return to Arms with the speedhack on that i7-3820?

Bah it was called the speedhack ''Safe'' (EE : 1 , VU : 1) with MTVU activated but not the "Safest" xD

Most of the time it is running at 60 fps but it is around 55-60 fps so it's playable Smile
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
Hi I am new here Laugh

Any chance my dated computer can emulate PS2 games at decent speeds?
Specs:
AMD Athlon™ II P360 Dual-Core Processor@ 2.3Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 1.9GB or VRAM 256mb of dedicated memory
4GB of RAM (3.8 usable)
Win7 ultimate x64

I am looking to play SMT nocturne and DDS1/2 mostly.
(11-03-2014, 09:41 PM)jD1991 Wrote: Hi I am new here Laugh

Specs:
4GB of RAM (3.8 usable)
Win7 ultimate x64

keep playing on your PS2.
that one won't cut it.
Sorry
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-03-2014, 09:41 PM)jD1991 Wrote: Hi I am new here Laugh

Specs:
4GB of RAM (3.8 usable)
Win7 ultimate x64

sorry,but that can't play most of the ps2 games even adequately. if you are trying to build a new budget pc for pcsx2 around 350 dollars take a look at my sig...
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I posted a few pages back, and here's an update: put together a g3258/z97 pc mate combo from microcenter last night: just did the OCgenie overclock so far to 4.3ghz and - I forget exactly - 1.24 volts or so; 4gb ram and no video card yet. I've tested a few games and everything is running at 60 fps at native resolution. Pretty sweet budget rig.