Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Sorry if this config has been asked b4

i5-4200H Processor(Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz for 1 active core and 3.3 GHz for 2 active cores)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB

Will this play most games?

Sponsored links

I don't know about most games but according to PassMark that thing has an STP of 1862, should be OK to play some games other than the ones on the Easy to emulate list. Give it a shot!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
after a long time, studied and editted in Video plugin. I realize that:

- actually, with CPU G2020, you still can play Pcsx2 very smoothly, but only when you run in " Original PS2 resolution" or 2xNative. The graphic will be very terrible, but game will run smoothly.

Of course, I will continue my upgrade, thank you.
CPU: i5-3570 (non-k)
Main: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA: Zotac GTX750 1GB
Forgive me for opening this potential rabbit hole, and while I have no development involvement in this emulator, this thread is actually vague and gives people the wrong ideas.

First of all, it tells people that "PCSX2 will run well" within certain means. First, this doesn't make sense. PCSX2 can run well itself on a K6 probably @ 400 MHz ... now will games run? No way. Since there are too many different and varying-degree titles that use PS2 hardware differently, some seemingly "powerful" games can actually work on something like a Core 2 Duo E6500 with an onboard GPU ... and some will need at least Core 2 Quads / i3s at over 3 GHz and a more dedicated GPU. That's a huge difference. It makes the mistake of telling people, especially the newcomers who aren't too knowledge on this subject, that once they buy the "recommended processors" and GPUs, everything will work. Consequently, it tells them that anything under the "recommended processors" will not work, and that's untrue as it completely depends on both the title and its demands on the emulator, and the settings one is using all-around. With trimmed down settings and certain PCSX2 builds, some games work on weaker hardware than anticipated and suggested here perfectly.

Just to make a point here, there was a thread here of someone stating that they couldn't get Def Jam Fight For NY (or whatever it's exactly called) to work on their hefty i7 at over 2.6 GHz. They were immediately told that it won't work without overclocking, but you can find videos and threads of people reporting full-speed with this game on Core 2 Duos @ 3.0 Ghz and unrecommended GPUs. Clock speed doesn't make as huge of a difference as some think, like thinking a 500 MHz overclock will make a game go from 10 FPS to 60 FPS with no other adjustments in place. Clearly if the overclock makes a non-playable game go to playable at full-speeds, it probably was not too far off from playable in the start.

It enforces the "all eggs in one basket" type of mentality: if it's not 'X', it doesn't work, although 'X' can vary tremendously, so we'll just say that that variable is always false if it doesn't meet the guidelines we put in place. The problem? There is no unified guideline for everything. While I don't disagree that the listed and recommended specs are good, it could serve better to let people know that it really depends and not make it seem like 3 + GHz Core 2 Duos / i3s are the lowest common denominator that everyone needs for everything to work. This would avoid people coming here more often as well since it will suggest they do their own homework and testing and not depend on meeting an ultimatum of a guideline laid out here that, in the end, just varies. It might also save the embarrassment of people going around saying you need a 3 GHz processor to use this emulator, as if that exactly means anything (the emulator itself or the game, and then what game exactly?).

Now I am aware that you get banned here if you disagree with anyone in power too much or say something one believes to be too defensive or argumentative, but this is just what I think and evidence shows it's pretty much true. Everything won't work or won't not work with the ultimatum of 'X'.
(11-21-2014, 09:02 PM)CrackedNuckles Wrote: Now I am aware that you get banned here if you disagree with anyone in power too much or say something one believes to be too defensive or argumentative, but this is just what I think and evidence shows it's pretty much true.

First this. Lol. Since when? This is a blatant attempt at trolling(or else the result of some serious misinformation), so please don't do it.

As for the rest - Do you really think we have the ability to know exactly how PCSX2 will run on any given machine? Given the possible hardware combinations, it's just mind boggling to think we would. However, the OP of this thread was written QUITE a while ago, and things have changed since then. Perhaps it does need a rewrite.

Anyway, you shouldn't trust what you see on youtube for a few reasons. For one, if the video was recorded with the internal capture mechanism, then the video will be full speed REGARDLESS of hardware. For two, there are more variables to consider than just hardware.

Regardless, if you don't think we are doing a good job, feel free to step in and answer these questions yourself.

If you want to continue this discussion, please make a separate thread.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-21-2014, 09:02 PM)CrackedNuckles Wrote: there was a thread here of someone stating that they couldn't get Def Jam Fight For NY (or whatever it's exactly called) to work on their hefty i7 at over 2.6 GHz. They were immediately told that it won't work without overclocking, but you can find videos and threads of people reporting full-speed with this game on Core 2 Duos @ 3.0 Ghz and unrecommended GPUs. Clock speed doesn't make as huge of a difference as some think, like thinking a 500 MHz overclock will make a game go from 10 FPS to 60 FPS with no other adjustments in place.

the op had an laptop i7 processor which is far weaker to consider with a desktop processor. even my old core2duo can play pcsx2 better than most of laptops. so, don't come to an conclusion that even a laptop's i7 is as powerful as a desktop's.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
you say make me remember about my friend's laptop.

He have a laptop ( CPU i5 4200M), and it can run almost of PS2 game, but some game still very slowly. And in this week, thank to cpuboss.com, I suprised when know that actually i5 4200M only better than... G2020, and it weaker than even i3 3240.

I know that laptop's CPU usually weaker than desktop's CPU, but I usually think that " laptop's i5-4xxx weaker than desktop's i5-4xxx.". But I can't believed that actually it is weaker than even some CPU released in 2012.
CPU: i5-3570 (non-k)
Main: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA: Zotac GTX750 1GB
I asked before but asking a bit more now.

I plan to game at no more than 720x480(which my old crt tv supports) and so far even Tekken 5 plays with no real slowdown(I use native resolution) problem is it looks awful on my tv and I get the odd blip on games like Suikoden 3 as in battle it drops to 30fps or less

Its a G3420 with 4 gig DDR3 and 280GTX(would be a better card but best I found with TV out for component)

In the future upgrading to a i7 3770 but not for a few weeks this is just till then.

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

What can I do to improve the sharpness of the image(dont mind jaggies but hate dull washed out colours)
(11-22-2014, 10:18 PM)dekadeka Wrote: I asked before but asking a bit more now.

I plan to game at no more than 720x480(which my old crt tv supports) and so far even Tekken 5 plays with no real slowdown(I use native resolution) problem is it looks awful on my tv and I get the odd blip on games like Suikoden 3 as in battle it drops to 30fps or less

Its a G3420 with 4 gig DDR3 and 280GTX(would be a better card but best I found with TV out for component)

In the future upgrading to a i7 3770 but not for a few weeks this is just till then.

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

What can I do to improve the sharpness of the image(dont mind jaggies but hate dull washed out colours)

That question is a bit out of the scope of this thread. Please make your own thread so that people can help you with that. Thank you. Smile
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Try the FX shader to enhance colors.

Also please make a separate thread for this question. Edit: Ninja'd
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD